Horning Boat Show

HemsbyPie

A gentle reminder to those hoping to go by boat, the Swan green moorings ,Horning sailing club moorings and half the Village green moorings are normally full of Exhibitors.

Horning Sailing club will be running try a boat sailing trips 10:00  till 16:00 for £5, come on you stinkies come and see the other side... go to
http://www.horningsc.co.uk/ click on the April 30th Poster for Details.

Oh and our tea and coffee is cheap, you can just come and sit and watch everyone else for a break...

I'll be there somewhere...

• Like 1

Have to say we went to the Horning Boat Show last year for the first time and had a great day. Definitely going again this year and would thoroughly recommend it if you have not been before. Something for every one and the kids loved it too.

My favourite has to be the enormous burgers at the Swan Bar- B- Q.        Oh ok and the beer !!!

Just keeping everything crossed for the weather !

• Like 1

1 minute ago, BroadScot said:

Why! :naughty::naughty:

Strange Iain,  I think John want's people to buy NBN branded clothing.. Personally I think the burgees are excellent quality and value for money too.  They are also amazing for working out the wind direction without the need for expensive marine equipment, also other members can easily identify you whilst on the river. The look brilliant on my own boat too and I'm sure would make your own boat stand out well, whether that be a hireboat or your own!  

Get your burgee here: http://shop.norfolkbroadsnetwork.com/index.html#blog 

• Like 3

I'll be there, hanging around the Entrance to Horning sailing club, welcoming people, pointing them in the right direction and to the right people. Generally trying to get you stinkies to have a go in a real boat (weather permitting)!

It's likely to be too cold and windy for the kilt though... One day...

4 hours ago, ranworthbreeze said:

Hi Strowager,

Do you have a full shot of the wooden boat, I assume it was a very upmarket day-boat, but very nice.

It was good to see that the day went well for everyone.

Regards

Alan  

Yes Alan, it was a very upmarket Launch, on the Whispering Reeds stand on Swan Green.

The hull was GRP clinker style, (the best of both worlds !)

whispering reeds 1.jpg

We had a most enjoyable visit, looked longingly at Colin Buttifant's boats. Checked out Elisamoose's very smart new Cat's Whiskers, met the lovely new Annie of  Whelpton's - looks like the yard is in good hands; and lunched with SteveO and Nik at the sailing club, where we said 'Hello' to Q.

Great weather, excellent show.

the staff are so friendly and helpful and all way's make you feel :welcome:.

Really? - Not what we experienced a fortnight ago at the New Inn.  We berthed stern on along with Robin, met up with Jason so there were six of us round a table in the bar during the afternoon. As it approached 1700-ish we were asked to vacate the moorings unless we intended to eat in the pub that evening.  We intended to eat onboard but continue to use the bar for the evening - Nope - that was not acceptable, so we had to sail.  Now if the moorings had been full or craft waiting then of course we should move on to enable customers to stay over that are having meals in the pub, but the moorings were far from full.  So we sailed, leaving yet more empty moorings, next morning on passing they were still places empty - Seems a strange way to run a business, turning down custom unless you intend to have dinner.  I wonder if they treat car parking customers the same way, that is -  No dinner - No parky

Griff

• Like 6