Sign in to follow this  
Guest plesbit

Looking out

Okay, this post is so titled because all the shots of the taken from onboard our boat and deliberately include some of the boat itself to make the point and help set the scene.

Over the bow:

2006boatingd057bartonbrhz0.th.jpg 2006boatingd073surlinghui3.th.jpg 2006boatingd075rocklandrv2.th.jpg

From the helm:

2006pyesmillmeetd028vr8.th.jpg 2007augustbhweekend004vui0.th.jpg 2007broadsholidayd073dumj3.th.jpg

Over the side:

2006boatingod003fu2.th.jpg 2007boatingd038ontherivgp3.th.jpg

Away from the Broads:

2007lowestoftfestivald0tk5.th.jpg

2007lowestoftfestivald0tl0.th.jpg

Of others (these don't include our own boat):

2007ranworthislandmeetdhh0.th.jpg 2007ranworthislandmeetdll8.th.jpg 2007ranworthislandmeetdaa6.th.jpg

You're welcome to try to work out where any of these places are.

Simon

Top right pic has be puzzled, as it must be on the South Side ?

The blue sky contrasting off the lush green foliage just looks so warming and inviting.

Lovely pics there SImon :)

Top right is indeed from the south. In fact of the top three pics, one is north and two are south, including the right hand one.

Well no-one seems to be trying to guess where these shots were taken! :cry

Come on folks, look alive there! :-D

Ranworth for which one(s)? If you mean the meet pics then yes, but it wasn't really those I was talking about!

Getting better. Top middle is Surlingham Broad, so full marks on that one. Top left is in the general direction of Stalham but not quite that far up! ;)

its when you come to the open broad its just after where the ranger moors his boat in that shed

Don't know about rangers and broads but I'll tell you anyway. It is actually heading out onto Barton Broad from Gay's Staithe. So that's the top left and middle, what about top right and the rest then? :)

i might of got mixed up there simon thats on the other side of the broad when if spits in two or three places i think only been that far once. and i don't know the name of the broad.

from the helm

right) looks as if your just getting to Brundall.

middle) looks as if you just coming up to that house near cantley on the right or just past the house. no!!!!! sorry wrong that coming towards Brammerton coming from woodsend see the old tree on the left

left) is coming to Acle bridge near Bridgecraft.

Ooh it's all getting confused now! Your left and right is giving you jip Jonny.

From the helm.

Yes to coming into Brundall (in a storm) and approaching Acle Bridge (with a duck passenger) but the left and right were the other way around. The middle one.... you've got me doubting myself now! I'll have to double check but I am pretty sure that's a no.

Sign in to follow this  

Important Information

For details of our Guidelines, please take a look at the Terms of Use here.