Hockham Admiral

Nbn Meets, 2017

Jonzo has proposed the Spring Meet, 2017 at Salhouse Broad but not in the Bank Holiday weekends because of the extra hiring costs.

The tides are favourable for the 20th/21st May weekend and unless anyone can think of a better venue or timing then that's when it's likely to be. So far Charlie and us have entered our names for that weekend.

As for Summer and Autumn Meets next year we're open to your suggestions, preferably not ones from the Jokes section!    :wave

If they get the Berney arms open, it might be a wee bit tidal, taking your meet somewhere that could use any boost in revenue could really help keep a business going.  Salhouse broad is a lovely spot but its owners aint short of a bob or two.

Mark, a well reasoned post, plus a worthwhile spot to visit. Good, secure alongside moorings. A chance to visit the nature reserve at Berney. Folk can get there by train if they can't make it by boat, a lot to recommend it. Jenny Morgan moored there a year or two back.

Drascombe 2013 013 - Copy.JPG

Drascombe 2013 014 - Copy.JPG

I like the idea of a Berney Arms venue (As long as t pub is oppen)  the NBN did one years ago at the Fishermans bar and we had no problems dealing with the tides.  Plus we would have Breydon to play about on with some formation sailing / photo's etc

Griff

The spring meet is staying at Salhouse, fear not.

The other intended meets are Beccles and Womack, in summer and autumn respectively. Having another meet down south might therefore keep things nicely balanced.

Just one observation about Berney arms - We've always held meets at places that are accessible by road, and would ideally want to continue with that.

Appreciate jonzos comment about road access, but I like the idea of a Berney meet. With or without the pub being open. 

Plenty of moorings, play opportunity on Breydon and nice and central for those at either end of the southern rivers.  

Just make sure we avoid a weekend that NYA are doing a cruise!! I have the dates if you need them. 

JA, having just read the emailed edition of the Broadsheet and the new toll charges I will have to decline to offer any ferry services less they treat my boat as a ferry and put the tolls up even more.

however,  I'm happy to lend Jonzo the rowing boat and hope he chooses slack water to row across with the tent. Or we might have to move to GY or Reedham by the time he hits the bank. :dance:Sailing:Stinky

I don't think I have ever moored at burgh castle. 

8 hours ago, Baitrunner said:

JA, having just read the emailed edition of the Broadsheet and the new toll charges I will have to decline to offer any ferry services less they treat my boat as a ferry and put the tolls up even more.

however,  I'm happy to lend Jonzo the rowing boat and hope he chooses slack water to row across with the tent. Or we might have to move to GY or Reedham by the time he hits the bank. :dance:Sailing:Stinky

I am lead to believe he is a strong wee laddie and if we pop a pint of something on the quayhead for him to aim for he will make it irrespective of time or tide!

I am a bit concerned about the lack of oars in your offer though. We ought to give him at least a sporting chance... he is the boss after all.

11 hours ago, Baitrunner said:

I know that I haven't. Have long regarded it as one of the least tempting moorings on the Broads. Is the pub there any good?

Re ferry, if you could ask BA if they would make Spirit of Breydon available for the day, it could be a great PR exercise. A few trips for toll payers might help to convince them that SOB was a good investment.

Mind you, it might take more than a few trips to convince me lol