Sign in to follow this  
Guest plesbit

Reedham Swing Bridge

This is actually a crop from one of my pics. My Flickr account is generally used by me to post albums illustrating events and stories, usually on my blog. Because they are just narrative snap shots I don't bother to edit or alter the original image to improve it, it just gets posted as is. However this one was spotted and cropped by another Flickr member to concentrate on the bridge and the result is really quite atmospheric.

1756748843_90eb52fa5b_o.jpg

Kudos to the man who spotted the opportunity though - I would not have got around to doing anything with it until some time next year.

I'd love to Sue, but sadly I can't, or rather I can but it won't be much use to you. The one above is just a crop of the original. The original was never really intended to be an arty pic, it was merely a holiday snap taken without any real care and attention on my part, mainly due to the fact that it was a) 0500hrs and B) 1C and I was shivering and c) the boat was covered in thick ice and needed to be scraped clear for our trip up to Breydon - something we had not counted on and which we knew would make us late. Photography, therefore was some way down the list of concerns.

As you will see from the original, the bit above is cropped from a very small part of the overall pic and also the camera was on it's lowest resolution setting (about 1.5MP) so there's just not enough to crop. There also wasn't enough light to zoom in on the bridge without getting severe handshake. Sorry I couldn't do better!

474585033_3cc0a4e46a.jpg

that's when you get to appreciate the broads in all there glory

the peace hardly no noise the cold chill in the air and sitting at the helm seat with a brew in hand cheersbar:wave

Sign in to follow this  

Important Information

For details of our Guidelines, please take a look at the Terms of Use here.