WiFi Hotspots

mbird

• 4 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Hi

Can anyone update me on the current wi-fi access situation on the southern rivers please?

The pubs I have listed are:

Surlingham Ferry Inn

Reedham Ferry Inn

Chedgrave White Horse

Are these still offering wi-fi and are there any others to add to the list?

I know that the WRC make a charge for access - how much is this now?

Many thanks cheersbar

Carol

Hi

Can anyone update me on the current wi-fi access situation on the southern rivers please?

The pubs I have listed are:

Surlingham Ferry Inn

Reedham Ferry Inn

Chedgrave White Horse

Are these still offering wi-fi and are there any others to add to the list?

I know that the WRC make a charge for access - how much is this now?

Many thanks cheersbar

Carol

Reedcutters at Thorpe, Carol.......... WRC very expensive. about £6 a day..... :cry:cry:cry

All the pubs in Loddon

Thanks John

I will have to be pedantic and point out it's the Rushcutter's at Thorpe though! :naughty:

We usually have a night at the WRC (those superb showers with hairdryers are worth the mooring fee alone) .... but I don't think I'll be paying £6 for internet access though! :shocked

Carol

The internet and Wifi connections have been significantly upgraded at Waveney River Centre, watch out for a news story on how we did this soon.

In the mean time, in addition to our paid-for WiFi service which works across the Park and marina, we also have free WiFi available to customers in the Waveney Inn and Eddie's Café. This is slightly slower than the paid-for service - but it is free.

Yours swimmingly

Eddie x

• 2 weeks later...

I did manage to get a bt fon hot spot although slow whilst moored at the Oulton Broad Yacht Station the other week.

There is a BT Openzone arial at Brundall bay marina but have not so far managed to log on,don't know if its working,does anyone know.

• 1 month later...

If you are coming of the Broads for a day out at Sea Palling - The Old Hall Inn has WiFi

for its custmers.

The Swann Inn, High Street Stalham has WiFi for its customers.

Opposite the Swan is Broadland Computers (next to the Church) who stock 3 network and Vodaphone dongles for internet

access on the Broads.For those of you who forgot to pack power and connection leads for your gadgets - most can be

purchased in store. Wifi can be purchased on an hourly/daily/weekly basis. Laptop and desktop PC repairs carried out

on the premises by knowledgable and friendly staff. Wide range of laptop power packs in stock.

• 9 months later...

Any MacDonalds, including the one near Morrisons Island at Beccles, any Toby Carvery, including the Captain Manby just up the road from the James Paget hospital on the A12, any Brewers Fayre chain pub, all have free Wi-fi, restrictions on time at some places, but all reasonably priced other wise and no problems with signal to send recieve emails or surf the net using my tablet, the only thing that sometimes fails is streaming TV channels and heavy downloads, especially during peak times.

Julz

• 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...

I use an iPhone on the o2 network and I tether it to the lappy for NET usage, when there is 3G, but as you know it can be so hit and miss.

The question I have is: I believe there is someone who posts blogs on the move with video/pics etc, now I think he is using a MiFi setup, can anyone tell me who that member is, or what unit and provider he uses?

Regards

Bazza

Drifting off topic a bit! but I use this,

THREE Huawei E5220 3G Mobile Broadband - 3 GB preloaded – Pay As You Go Mobile Wi-Fi,

We use it on the move for our two Tablets and so far the only place we can't get a signal is when we moor near the Ferry pub at Horning, I sometimes use it for my lappy but you have to watch it for auto updates as it will eat you data allowance quite quickly, feel free to move this if it's in the wrong place,,,

Frank,,,

• 8 months later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Been away cruising the Southern from Somerleyton onto Norwich & Back stopping off for 5 nights on the way. No mobile signal on O2/GiffGaff until nearing Norwich although was able to access Wifi Hotspots ~ BTOPENZONE etc... So has been a gods end for updating our trip on Social Media.

Good Openzone in Loddon, Some in Brundall but apart from that been nice to be away from the tech that runs our lives!

Keep an eye on Diary as written Log for our week away over Guy Fawkes!

Jay & Jo x