Langley Dyke Moorings

Hylander

When the pub was there it was always a lunchtime stop and a few ales and natter with Trevor who served and think ran the pub also.

However, those nice moorings were still a twinkle in the BA's eye. A very good sheltered spot when the wind does blow !

cheersIain

54 minutes ago, imtamping2 said:

No ....stay away there be DRAGONS......

Don't be silly:norty: the Dragons are ALL still over in France supporting Wales ! :party:

When young and before I was even born my parents often moored at Langley Dyke, however in the 60s we often moored at Hardley Dyke, when there weren't private moorings all along it - we would have the dyke to ourselves.  WR in the late 60s started to have a dodgy petrol engine and needless to say it broke down there on a Saturday. No mobile phones then, and we had to walk to Loddon and back to find a public call box.  H Woods came out but if I remember rightly via Langley Dyke and getting lost!

Langley has long been one of my favourite moorings. The pub was called the Wherry if my memory serves me correctly. We first moored along the dyke bank long before the private and BA moorings came about and I remember we came adrift during the night, a little inexperienced with rhond anchors I think!

Lovely pictures by the way.