Paddle Board Race Tomorrow

HemsbyPie

So remind me, when encountering a yacht under sail, who has right of way?

Ludham bridge and Potter Heigham bridge should produce some interesting videos. Also Thurne Mouth, quite a crossing from one side of the river to the other. Expect a few dunkings there lol, especially with a fair breeze.

Anybody about ?

By the time they got to Potter bridge they were spaced out by about an hour so very little drama to report. 

With regards to right of way, I have no idea but a bit of common decency goes a long way... Sailing vessels are fairly low down on the pecking order but no idea where a paddle board would be, but then everyone using the water has the same obligation to avoid collision...

Paddling or rowing has right of way Rule 23 B (iii) says a sailing vessel has to keep clear of a quanted vessel, and I, as well as all sailors I know, assume that this would also include a paddled vessel.

So basically a motor boat has to keep clear of sailing boats and Manually propelled

A sailing boat has to clear manually propelled vessels.

Everybody has to keep clear of vessels constrained by their size or draft ( EG Southern Comfort or larger)

Everybody has to keep clear of most Towed vessels. Towing a tender or little dinghy does not count!!