Thurne Lion

Mowjo

I also had the pleasure of speaking to Rick a couple of weeks ago while negotiations were underway so this sounds most promising. Rick also had some excellent ideas for the pub so I think it will go very well. Without getting into a debate about the previous landlord if he could keep it going for 14 years, imagine what Rick and his team could achieve. 

BTW the beer in the White Horse was exceptional. cheersbar my good friends at Norwich CAMRA have voted it pub of the year so another good indicator for the Lion. Fingers crossed for those T's :-)

• Like 6

This is great news, I hope all goes well for you Rik, oops sorry Rick :naughty: I love the moorings there, especially at the end where you can sit and watch the river traffic, the pub has so much going for it too, not been in there for a long time for personal reasons but will definitely give Rick my support when I am next on the Broads

All the very bestcheers

By the way Violet a very warm welcome aboard the forum :wave

Grace

• Like 6

4 minutes ago, MauriceMynah said:

Well, as Rick has joined in the chat I happily withdraw my earlier comment and am delighted to shout the good news from the rooftops. I for one will be going in there whenever I get under that darn bridge.

Which Bridge ????

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Labrador said:

Bugger, won't be able to get near the place.☺

Moor at the hopefully, soon to be pontoons. Take to the inflatable and row to build up a thirst!

• Like 1

Ian, given Rick's interest it does seem he is the likely candidate although we have not had confirmation from the horses mouth so to speak. But based on my recent conversation with him I remain extremely optimistic :-)

I suspect in any event there are lot of formalities to be completed so I guess we'll find out in due course. As I say I remain hopeful! 

• Like 2

I'm so hoping that you make it for May Rick!  We're on the Broads that week!!  We love The White Horse and are over the moon at your news about The Lion.  If you don't manage to open in May we won't be too disappointed as we'll be back again in July and will be making a bee-line for The Lion if your contact goes through.  Here's hoping!

Helen

• Like 1

This has been a great read, and wish i`d contributed sooner, but in all honesty, i think many people have said more than i would be able to offer.  It really is great news to hear that someone with an excellent reputation is taking the Lion on, as we flatly refused to go in there, though we did once, and got a really strange, and uncomfortable feeling about the place. 

We wish you all the very best with the Lion Rick, and hope all goes well, especially with the locals as they are your bread and butter in the out of season months. 

One thing i will ask re the moorings,  Is there any chance of having a couple of water hoses installed, as it`s a bit of a pain having to travel to Potter Heigham or Acle to fill up?.  Also, a couple of 240v posts would be handy, but installing the hoses and posts would be very expensive, unless of course you can strike a deal with the BA?.

We`re on Lightning in late April, so will miss the opening, but will come in and say hello if that`s okay?.

• Like 1