And Now From Norwich... It's Scrumpy Holiday Time

4 hours ago, Hockham Admiral said:

Having a great time reading all this, thank you!   :clap

Just opposite the Beccles YS is a very good pump out for £12! 

(The yard nearest to the old bridge where Paul & Lorna moor Peters Joy)

Thanks for the tip. Do you mean the former Aston Boats base?

Wow what day...  We left Sunny Beecles at 09.30.. And the sun kept shining.. What a beautiful days cruising.. We headed down the Waveney passing many boats to Oulton broad... God I was so tempted turn right and head back OBYS for the day and night lol.. We do love that place., we don't know what it is but we do ... Lol

Had the VHF on and heard another boater radio through to somerleyton bridge to ask bridge clearance and a bridge swing ... It was 10ft dead.. Nice I thought .. I gave her in doors a toot on the horn to drop the tv aerial down.. And bless her after a 2 finger wave she dropped it lol.. And came in and took the helm .. As we started to go through the bridge, the bridge began to swing open so I video it as we was going through.. Her in doors said is that lucky.. I said no the TV aerial has caught it and opening it lol.. I won't repeat the reply lol :facepalm:..  Anyway on we go towards the St Olaves split and I decided to go right and attempt to to go through and head towards Breydon water for a spin and to see what this boat can do .. Few we was lucky 9ft on the gauge for St Olaves bridge so we carried to Breydon.. As soon as we got there we opened her up .. Yep 11mph folks flat out.. Her in doors sat on the front with her life jacket on enjoying the spray as we had a hot breeze then we had a fast boat coming towards us .. Yes we are gonna catch his wake waves .. I did wonder if it was Mark bait runner lol... Oh yes spray and waves .. What more could wish for on a hot sunny day..  We went half way over Breydon and turned back as the tide was coming in so we had extra speed coming back 12mph  2500rpm as we was coming back the fast cruiser was coming back yep you guessed it more waves and spray... Love it... .. As we turned right passed a very sad Berney Arms pub there was 4 boats there.. .. It's such a shame that place is shut down...  So we carried on to Reedham and as we approached the bridge was sprung open .. I didn't say nothing to her indoors this time as it was approaching lunch time... Could we find a mooring a Reedham ummm no.. So we carried on up to the pub by the chain umm no moorings there due to selfish day boat renters all 5 of them had spread out so no one could moor... Not happy.. two guns .. So it was down to cantley.. And the Reedcutter .. After the other day of mooring there we decided to try Beauchamp arms.. That was fun mooring there with the tide .. We tie up and go in and guess what.. Sorry no food .. Great I know lets go to Brundall .. So here we are docked at Coldham hall for the night .. Free mooring with the meal.. So il let you all know what the meal is like..

• Like 10

Sorry Mr Cheddar not me spraying over you!!! Would have liked to have been out today though - of course I would have slowed down well before I got to you to minimise the effects of my wake. Nice to see some people like the fun of it though. Did you get much air under the boat though when you hit the waves?

That must be one of the fastest hire boats on the broads you have?

Surprises me mid week is so busy, but if it's one of the most popular weeks with the nippers not around guess you need to get booked in nowadays. No forget you could have tried the New Inn at Rockland?

Good luck with your mealcheers

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Baitrunner said:

Sorry Mr Cheddar not me spraying over you!!! Would have liked to have been out today though - of course I would have slowed down well before I got to you to minimise the effects of my wake. Nice to see some people like the fun of it though. Did you get much air under the boat though when you hit the waves?

That must be one of the fastest hire boats on the broads you have?

Surprises me mid week is so busy, but if it's one of the most popular weeks with the nippers not around guess you need to get booked in nowadays. No forget you could have tried the New Inn at Rockland?

Good luck with your mealcheers

Oh we had some air lift lol.. Especially when her indoors took off lol he he he .. It was good safe fun mark we loved it .. Your have to take us out on your boat next time we are up.. I totally forgot about the new inn..  Il take some pics .. Last year in here the steak was lush..:naughty:

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, ScrumpyCheddar said:

Awful meal... Awful service .. And forgot her in doors Garlic bread.. Waited half hour for the bill... Not as good as last year... 

:facepalm:.. That's 2 crossed off are list today....

Perhaps you should have headed back to OBYS! :bow

• Like 1

The hall does seem very hit and miss this year with varying reports. 

Shame after all the other decent meals and service you seem to have had this week. 

I would go to the New inn tomorrow if you can. cheersbar

let me know next time your up mr cheddar (I'm sure you have a real name) a wee blast across Brendon at the very least:dance

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Baitrunner said:

Shame after all the other decent meals and service you seem to have had this week. 

let me know next time your up mr cheddar (I'm sure you have a real name) a wee blast across Brendon at the very least:dance

Mark, have you been on the Vimto....again? Brendon?:naughty:

cheersIain

• Like 2

Well that's nearly another day done folks.. Been trying most of the evening to upload a load pics but signal awful here... Abit like the rest of it.. And grumpy lot in there wouldn't let us use there wifi.. So top tip here is pass on by or stop before he he .. Apart from that me and her indoors have had a cracking day... The weather was fantastic the hot breeze over Breydon water was lush couldn't ask for it better it was a good experience and next time we will venture up North.. As soon as I get better signal in the morning I will upload today's pictures..

So from Coldham hall moorings we wish you all Good night.. :wave

• Like 5

Day 7....

A lovely sunny morning at Coldham hall... So we left headed to Brooms yard for a fill up of fresh and pump out.. Then off to Norwich.. It's that last day feeling sinking in .. The thought of oh no work next week .. And God I'm gonna miss this ... It's been a brill week .. Weather been good boat been fantastic .. And great places and food .. Except Coldham last night... Lol... Well we have saved the best till last... The ferry house Surlingham ..

yes we are here just had lunch and we are here for the night to .. Beautiful place .. Oh yes free wifi to ... So I'm gonna take some more pics of here and the food .. I still have loads of pics from yesterday (day 6) to put on yet so I will do them when we get home tomorrow .. In the mean time there's still some holiday time left.. Drink time he he ... 

Watch this space for more he he 

• Like 10

Evening all... From the ferry house.. That's all the packing done .. Well her indoors has informed me ... He he he...  Had my first meet of another NBN member today .. The Lovely Boycee came over and said hello and have a chat with us what was nice ... It was a good job I had my NBN burgee flying because this afternoon another 3 Brooms captains turned up and moored next to us .... I took lead as our boat is a commodore ha ha ha ... It's been a lazy afternoon sat on the front (Bow) lol chatting with the next door boat who we've met up with a couple a few times on this trip what's been really nice.. And everyone else we've met.. Just sat here in the pub now waiting for my steak ale pie... Lol... After Her indoors eats her Garlic mushrooms .. That will keep the vampires away tonight ha ha ha ... And me :naughty:...  Awwwww I love her to bits really... 

• Like 11

Wow what a lush meal.. Steak and ale pie omg was lush.. Her in doors loved hers to... Just waiting for pudding now.. Just been with the lovely Boycee having a good ole and chat... And big hellllllllllo to Ros.. The portions in here are fab and so tasty.. This place has a fantastic buzz about  it out it's got to be the best food we have had on the broads.. Well done Sonia and thank you to you and all your staff... :bow

• Like 7

23 hours ago, Baitrunner said:

Will do Mark I would love that ....:dance

mike