San Evita

Guest Jonny

hi chaps and gals

my uncles girlfriends daughter has booked San Evita while my uncle has booked San Elena

has anybody got any pics of San Evita and good points bad points???

Hi Jonny

Never hired one, but one negative is there is no aft access, so you must walk along the gunwhales to enter in the forward saloon. Of course the side decks are fairly wide so this is no major problem unless it's raining, really windy etc etc.

I'm also not convinced it's the most beautiful looking of boats, but I guess that's in the eye of the beholder & not overly important to holiday enjoyment anyway!

The mould is quite spacious, with the sleeping accommodation being quite spacious/private - with two en-suites

I'll see what I can un-earth on the picture front - do you know which number in the class she has booked?

Dan

no worries simon every little helps some of the pics help on the darkside but when you hire or somebody else hires a boat you would think they would get some internal pics of there boat for the next person to look at.

i will be on San Elena as i will be the pilot and the other group on San Evita and there new so not only have i got to find a place for two boat at peak season Ive got to help moor show them how to use everything safety ill have to do the engine checks as they will not want to get there hands dirty.

but i will get pics of both boats engines helps seating beds ect ect will help some people

hi Dan just got this info back from my uncle the other party rang up hoseasons and said the following

On that the San Evita goes on separate days on Friday and saturday so we don't know which ones are allocated for each day

Hi Jonny

The class number is normally on the confirmation paperwork - it will say something like Unit number or something similar.

If the confirmations not through yet just let me know when it lands - possibly a few weeks away as a 2008 holiday

All the best

Dan

• 3 weeks later...

I hired San Elena in October 2005 Simon & I thought the engine was great! It was uncannily smooth & quiet & completely manoeverable - I was very proud of myself when I'd reversed it round into the corner mooring at Ranworth! I wonder if the engine has been replaced since you hired it?

I hired San Elena in October 2005 Simon & I thought the engine was great! It was uncannily smooth & quiet & completely manoeverable - I was very proud of myself when I'd reversed it round into the corner mooring at Ranworth! I wonder if the engine has been replaced since you hired it?

Nope same engine we had her in July 2006. You're right it was very smooth and quiet - in fact so quiet that I found it hard to deal with at first. It barely revs beyond 1000rpm and is almost inaudible from the cockpit a feature which took some getting used to. But she's a big heavy boat for such a small engine and, with no bow thruster, in anything other than zero tide zero wind conditions you more or less need to use full power in either direction to turn her around and a long period in hard reverse to slow her down from 5mph.

One of the engineers at the yard confirmed that the Nanni has not been popular with long term hirers of that boat because it uses a lot more fuel than the old Perkins 4108 that it replaced. I can only put that down to the heavy handedness required when manoeuvring. But I'm with you all the way on the smooth and quiet - the smoothest and quietest boat I have ever been on. It also required almost no preheat, used absolutely no oil (wish my Penta's were more like that) and fired within a split second of turning the key. I didn't dislike the engine at all, I just felt one of its bigger siblings might have been better suited to 44ft of Aquafibre's finest.

It was a Perkins 4108 (I believe). Isn't that what you've got? Anyway, by reputation they are noisy rattly things but good honest workers. I can only think it was a modernisation thing. The Nanni was certainly smooth and quiet.