Ok I Admit, I Own An Alphacraft

tjg1677

15 hours ago, Gracie said:

Wow, Andy, what an immaculate and cracking looking Boat, this type of boat and centre cockpits being our favourites, have holidayed on many single level cruisers with sliding roofs in the past, you just can't beat them for comfort. How long have you had her?

Grace

Hi Grace  

We have had her for 4 years now.  Best thing I have bought we are on it most weekends . A lot of work but it's worth it 

• Like 1

Hello Marina,

Nice looking boat by the way. Kept the name she had when i bought her as i am a superstitious ex seafarer and she is called Giddy Kipper. Have to admit i hated it at first but the reaction you get when passing other boats is priceless, with everyone pointing and smiling at the name, so it is growing on me a bit. She is moored at ferry marina horning. Nice to make your acquaintance.

Bye for now

Trev

Hello Trev, the name Giddy Kipper is a name to smile at and I must say I can not remember seeing your boat out on the river, but as we are moored south river we can only get up on north river in September on our 2 weeks hols.

Thanks for sharing your Giddy Kipper names with us and we will keep an eye out for you next season.

Regards

Marina :Stinky

On ‎29‎/‎09‎/‎2016 at 7:10 PM, dnks34 said:

Ours is the same, ex brinks with a 24v system running the fridge and webasto only. 

Must definitely be a brinks thing then but i have to admit, it does work incredibly well.

On 29/09/2016 at 7:10 PM, dnks34 said:

Ours is the same, ex brinks with a 24v system running the fridge and webasto only. 

Ditto, with both 12V and 24V gennies on the main (propulsion engine) and 12V only on the secondary (Alternator engine, which produces 42A at 230V). We get round this with a 24V battery charger which cuts in when the Alt engine is running.

As Jonzo says, BB do like to play with the electrics!

• Like 1

Not an owner but we've just had a fantastic week on a Lowliner (Rio light and absolutely loved it, It suited our needs down to the ground (Or should I say water)

I know all that has been said about these boats but I'm glad it didn't put us off..... More in my holiday tale when I get sorted (just got back about an hour ago)

• Like 4

7 hours ago, deebee29 said:

Not an owner but we've just had a fantastic week on a Lowliner (Rio light and absolutely loved it, It suited our needs down to the ground (Or should I say water)

I know all that has been said about these boats but I'm glad it didn't put us off..... More in my holiday tale when I get sorted (just got back about an hour ago)

Be really interested to hear them David and what you thought of her?

cheers

trev

• 8 months later...
On 9/27/2016 at 8:33 PM, NorfolkNog said:

Best boat we ever hired was an Alphacraft. This was Swan Royale from Swancraft which we hired for many years. It was the rarer 32 foot version of the type which I believe Alan and Keith own. Roomy and very comfortable, superb visibility, great handling and ran on fresh air. We were gutted when Swancraft sold the boat at the end of the 2014 season, never have I wanted those numbers to come up as much as then!!!

Swan Royale.JPG

Hello Everyone

New to the forum, was this boat similar to Swan Raider?

We hired her in 2014 (I think) she was a superb boat, we really like the layout, its just me the wife and our Cocker Spaniel, so its perfect to cruise with the roof down even when the weather is a bit 'dank' the dog sits on the high seat behind me, and watches the ducks, she's getting on a bit now so tends not to leap into the river anymore

I wanted to hire her again but she just went 'missing' so presumably was sold?

Since the Raider, we've hired Sabre I assume she's now sold, (a bit big but comfortable if a little tatty) Tower Bridge, and we're off on Pacific Dawn next month

Anyway, I hoped my first post wouldn't be a ramble but clearly it was    ;-)

Tim

• Like 7

OMG where did you dig that up Tim? :-} 

Agree with Grace, no ramble, all good stuff. And a warm welcome to the Forum! cheersbar

Raider was the more common 35 version, we hired once when Royale had already been booked. Again a cracking boat. The 32 foot version was just a bit more cosy for 2 and seemed to fit into tight moorings a bit easier although I don't suppose the extra 3 feet makes a lot of difference. 

I love Alphacrafts although we were spoilt somewhat with the ones Swancraft had. 

I would have an Alphacraft like a shot but unless the numbers come up or a long lost relative remembers me in his will I have no chance. 

Incidentally Paul at Swancraft has just sold Firefly, previously from the Alphacraft fleet which he has been restoring. Superb job particularly given the state it was in. He's currently working on Swift, another ex Alpha, Alpha. That also was in a bad state but will be a super boat when Paul has finished with it. That's also the 35 centre drive model. 

P1040549.JPG

• Like 3

• 2 years later...