Aquafibre Ideal

BB37

The Aquafibre Ideal came from the Lancer power boat. I was wondering if anyone knows where the moulds are now, or how many were built. Did any of these go to sea? Examples on the Broads are Challenger and Pink Champagne.

I was actually going to say the same.  I went to French Marine back at the end of July and there were moulds still visibly stored on the Aquafibre site.

If your in the market for an Ideal theres an ex sabena marine boat being sold by norfolk boat sales priced at just under 25k.  Its being offered for sale by the Saberton Family and I know its been very well looked after during its life.  A big boat but a lot of boat for the money!

21 hours ago, BB37 said:

Did any of these go to sea? 

Oops, missed that bit!

There were three deep v hulls produced at 40ft for sea going use. Two of these had the standard superstructure and the third was built as a large corniche. The hull mould had a false bottom insert that converted it to river use with a shallow bottom and keel. 

No 45's were built as sea going.

14 hours ago, Jonzo said:

Could they be from the other company that has been using the site, or is it still old AF stuff?

There was a few swimming pool moulds from another company but boat stuff all Aquafibre cast off's, certainly a mould tool graveyard when I last looked.  I believe but maybe wrong all owned by Tilia properties.  

If i had read this earlier I could have taken a look as I drove past Rackheath today.