Rockland Closures

Please find attached the Broads Authority’s Notice to Mariners No. 6 which relates to closures of Rockland Boat Dike and Rockland Staithe during the periods 14th November through to 23rd December 2016 and 9th January through to 20th January 2017. 

Kind regards.

Chris Bailey

Administrative Officer Operations

01603 756007 

Please note my current working days are Monday - Wednesday. 

Broads Authority, Yare House, 62-64 Thorpe Road. Norwich NR1 1RY
01603 610734
www.broads-authority.gov.uk

BROADS AUTHORITY

NOTICE TO MARINERS No. 6 of 2016

Closure of Rockland Boat Dike & Rockland Staithe 

Notice is hereby given that Rockland Boat Dike and Rockland Staithe will be closed to navigation for essential maintenance dredging during the following periods:

Closed: Monday 14 November 2016 until Friday 23 December 2016

Closed: Monday 9th January 2017 until Friday 20 January 2017

Between Saturday 24th December 2016 and Sunday 8th January 2017, the Rockland Boat Dike and Rockland Staithe will be open to navigation; however moorings and turning space in the Staithe will be limited by the presence of the dredging rig.

Rockland Broad, The Fleet and the Short Dike will remain open to navigation, but mariners should be aware that during the periods of the closures barges will be moving across Rockland Broad and in the Short Dike.

All equipment will be lit and signage will be in place to warn of restriction and delays.  If there is a specific need for access to Rockland Dike or Rockland Staithe then please contact Tom Hunter on 01603 756066.

Tom Hunter

Rivers Engineer

Broads Authority

Yare House

62-64 Thorpe Road

Norwich, NR1 1RY                                             10 October 2016

Regards

Alan

3 minutes ago, BroadScot said:

Well spotted MM

cheersIain

17 minutes ago, MauriceMynah said:

Is "Dike" a recognised alternative spelling?

What happened to the Queen's English.       How did that get proof read and allowed to be published.   That is terrible.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ranworthbreeze said:

Hi Mark,

Not knocking dredging, but that is going to spoil any attempt that we may have made to visit the New Inn during our allocation.

Regards

Alan 

Not a problem, Alan, the dike might be closed but no mention of the dyke so that'll probably be open;)

• Like 1

Parts have become very shallow at low water, it does need doing. 

Walking from the Beachamp back to Rockland is quite a way but it cant be more than 15mins walk from the Dyke i wouldnt have thought.  Just watch out for any cattle, make sure your wearing trainers!! 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ranworthbreeze said:

Chris Bailey is one of the Good Guy's at the B.A.

I'm not sure whether Chris will like being called one of the "good guys" though I freely admit she was most helpful to me recently. :)

Anyway, she forwarded the message. The questionable spelling was from Tom Hunter. (probably a guy!)

• Like 1

2 hours ago, MauriceMynah said:

I'm not sure whether Chris will like being called one of the "good guys" though I freely admit she was most helpful to me recently. :)

Anyway, she forwarded the message. The questionable spelling was from Tom Hunter. (probably a guy!)

Hi John,

I know that Chris is not one of the guy,s but she is one of the good guy's at the Broads Authority to name but one, in dealing with a number of the departments within the B.A. they do have some very good staff at the sharpe end, helpful with their advice and getting the job done.

Regards

Alan

• 4 weeks later...

Bump,

A reminder of the dredging and closure of Rockland Staithe.

From now 7th November.

Dredging Work in Rockland Dike and Rockland Staithe from Monday 7 November 2016

The planned dredging work in Rockland Dike is due to start slightly ahead of schedule on Monday 7 November 2016. Between Monday 7 November and Sunday 13 November 2016 Rockland Dike and Rockland Staithe will remain open, but boaters must approach with caution and may experience restricted width and some delay as works barges are manoeuvred.

As published in NTM Notice 06 of 2016 Rockland Dike and Rockland Staithe will then be closed to navigation between Monday 14 November and Friday 23December 2016 and also between Monday 9 January and Friday 20 January 2017.

Regards

Alan