Strumpshaw Huntsman

I'm afraid that it is still closed. The last that I heard was that it will be December before it will be opened. Insurance, drainage, ground works, a whole raft of issues to be resolved. 

Resolved they will be in the fullness of time. I, like many other's look forward to the Huntsman opening again.

However when that will be is purely speculation.

Old Wussername 

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Wussername said:

I'm afraid that it is still closed. The last that I heard was that it will be December before it will be opened. Insurance, drainage, ground works, a whole raft of issues to be resolved. 

Resolved they will be in the fullness of time. I, like many other's look forward to the Huntsman opening again.

However when that will be is purely speculation.

Old Wussername 

Hi Wusser, thanks for the reply.

i knew there were several delays, one being the insurance company WOULD`NT pay out until the local authority did some drainage works. I had hoped that had been resolved, but, like so many things, officialdom always drags things out. Looks like we`ll be eating in the pub at Blofield then.

We went in September last year,we spoke with the Chef,who told us he was leaving.When we went there in the spring they didd not appear to be serving food.Then in the summer I phoned in the hope of booking a table for dinner and was told that they had stopped serving food.I think Brundall and Blomfield are missing aa trick in not serving good food.The Yare is our local pub.I like the pub,but wish they would change the menu.Its been the same for at least 10 years.As a chef I can't understand why you have the same menu for so long.Regarding the Kings Head,I can only guess they no longer want to serve food or they can't find a chef.Like you we went in a number of times and the food was good

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Chelsea14Ian said:

I have just gone on tripadvisor and indeed it confirms that they have long since stopped serving food.The restaurant is now a pool room.What is interesting,the reviews when they had food were 4 to five.Now are only 1.Some even suggesting not to go there

You are writing about the King's Head, Ian? Your comment above is under the title "Strumpshaw Huntsman"........

23 minutes ago, Hockham Admiral said:

You are writing about the King's Head, Ian? Your comment above is under the title "Strumpshaw Huntsman"........

Indeed. 

I am sure that Ian referred to the Kings Head. The Huntsman has always had a good reputation and I can think of no reason why this should not continue after refurbishment.

Andrew

Hi Neil

I think you mean the Shoulder of Mutton. It was in the Good Beer Guide until fairly recently, not sure if the quality went down or simply just stiffer competition from other pubs, the likes of the White Horse(s)

I believe they do meals and have a separate restaurant too.

Sadly I've never been in but I'm sure Andrew or one of our locals can advise.

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, NorfolkNog said:

Hi Neil

I avoid Facebook like the plague but it does look as if the Shoulder of Mutton is on there if that's any help

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Shoulder-of-Mutton-Strumpshaw/381839055285009?fref=ts

Thanks Howard, that`s great.   I do use faceache quite a bit, so i`l give it a buzz.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, SPEEDTRIPLE said:

Just googled it, and it DOES`NT seem to have a website, though the reviews i saw on trip advier look pretty good, so i think we`ll be in there for dinner one or two nights.

If any forumites HAVE been there, what was the food and service like?.

We were in there in the Summer, Neil. IMHO not as good as the Huntsman.

• 3 months later...