Harris Appeal Over Use Of National Park Name

marshman

I understand Mr Harris has lost his right to appeal the judgement given earlier over the use of the National Park name, and been refused leave to appeal further. Hopefully this is now the end of the matter. Hope he is paying and not the Nav Account.

I am sure there are those who will wish to delve through the judgement and legal gobbledegook but I cannot yet find it on the Court of Appeal website - or I cannot look in the right place!

If my memory serves me well the judgement suggested that the term National Park had become a generic one. That being the case then I am surprised that the 'real' national parks didn't make moves to protect the term. Seemingly the term 'national park' has been devalued as the judgement appears to mean that any tin-pot organisation can now choose to use the NP term for marketing purposes, even when the description is patently not true. Personally I thought that the Harris's case was both poorly worded and thought out whilst the Authority's clearly illustrated the backdoor approach to getting its own way much used and favoured by the man at the top.