BA Politics, A Worthwhile Read.

JennyMorgan

Worthwhile indeed, and most interesting.Especially the last line -

"If the fears of the navigators prove justified, we will know soon enough, and we will have the opportunity to do something about it."

So do they know? Is this the time to start writing, especially in view of the recent river tolls lash-up? 

• Like 6

• 3 weeks later...

In my time on the Navigation Committee it was always made abundantly clear that the minutes were 'approved' by the CEO before publication. Indeed on one occasion the minutes of the previous meeting were held up and not available thus would not be available until the following meeting. The chance of members remembering what really was said after that extended interval between meetings simply became reduced. Calls to record meetings have always been resisted by the CEO. Members were forbidden from recording meetings.

I've lifted this from elsewhere, it underlines my concerns and should clarify the situation for anyone who doubts that there is a problem. It was written by a previous chairman of the Nav Com.

4:21pm Jan 7
Nothing seems to change concerning the 'massaging' of the Navigation Committee minutes to suit the objectives of the Chief Executive. As Chairman, I used to reprise and recite the resolutions in the meeting before moving on, ( even trying to anticipate key outcomes and have drafts written in advance) or keep a note of them at he time and regularly had to insist on corrections either before publication of at the next meeting. I also used to insist my Vice Chair sat next to me with the minutes secretary within reach during the meeting as very necessary precautions.