Boat Wanted

Wayne

Hi all

we are after our first boat so if anyone has one for sale we would love to hear from you.we have just got a mooring plot that can take a maximum of 30' so between 20 &  30 would be great. Also diesel on a shaft,air draft not too high for bridges and a shower would be a bonus. If you need a quick sale please contact us. Many thanks wayne 

Hi Wayne,  welcome to the forum. 

If I don't get more time this year I will probably be putting my Medway based Wilds Calypso up for sale. 

Worth checking these boats out,  I have been under Potter in it before moving it nearer home for weekend use.  They have heating, 240v, hot water,  shower,  holding tanks and a nice big rear cabin. They are hydraulic drive,  but never found that a problem. 27' x11'.6", they sell for about 17 - 18k

Good luck in your search. 

7 hours ago, ranworthbreeze said:

Hi Wayne,

Here is a link to see the style of the Wilds Calypso.

http://fbwilds.horning.org.uk/page2.html

Regards

Alan

That was fascinating to read, particularly the price list, options and vat at 25%. Ironic really as the base spec when new is about five to eight thousand quid lower than the current second hand prices, fabulous!

cheers

Trev

• Like 1

I remember looking at the Hoseasons brochure  in 1974 (could be 75?) and choosing a Calypso from Wilds in Horning. The image in the brochure was just a line drawing as it was new that year.  I walked up the hill from our house to the phone box armed with a pile of 2 shilling pieces and was very disappointed to hear the Hoseasons girl tell me that the boat was already booked for my chosen week. However, she did tell me she had an alternative with a company called King Line - also in Horning. They were so new they had not made it to the brochure. Anyway a little hesitantly, we booked Calypso King with them and were delighted upon arrival with the all white appearance and the then luxury fit out of the boat. It had central heating - we didn't even have that at home! and all mod cons. You could see other boaters looking admiringly at the boat as they went passed by. The only draw back was that the helm was under cover as the sides could not be rolled back as in a Hampton Safari. It was like driving in a greenhouse with all that glass around. Nevertheless, we went on to hire Calypsos another two or three times after that. I remember the lady at Kingline telling me they had been their best acquisition as they were "indestructible". 

Regards

David

Calypso.jpg