Cheese Grater

Hylander

My son and daughter in law and two daughters and their pal have been having a weeks holiday in Switzerland.    They are completely mad climbing and tobogganing down mountains but there you go.    Whilst there in the apartment they found in the utensils this cheese grater.       As they were so struck by it I thought - Christmas pressie -.     I cannot find one anywhere.

Has anyone ever seen anything like this for sale anywhere.

CHEESE GRATER.jpg

1 hour ago, Hylander said:

My son and daughter in law and two daughters and their pal have been having a weeks holiday in Switzerland.    They are completely mad climbing and tobogganing down mountains but there you go.    Whilst there in the apartment they found in the utensils this cheese grater.       As they were so struck by it I thought - Christmas pressie -.     I cannot find one anywhere.

Has anyone ever seen anything like this for sale anywhere.

CHEESE GRATER.jpg

Hi Monica,

Not quite yours but this cheese scrapper was the nearest I could find.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Cheese-Scraper-Tête-Moine/dp/B000KJLQCC/ref=pd_sbs_201_img_1?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1&refRID=WZ50J3PP9MMX2XG3R39Q

To be honest the best of the mechanical graters I have used I find rotary to be the best.

http://www.lakeland.co.uk/19730/Zyliss-All-Cheese-Grater?gclid=CJf947DyltICFW4R0wod8dcBSg&src=gfeed&s_kwcid=AL!49!3!105382642349!!!g!42886315944!&ef_id=VfK6kQAAAJYT2i-g:20170217101219:s

After saying that I tend to use the old tin upright type and grate direct into a dish.

Regards

Alan

• Like 2

Thank you for the link,  good grief I could just sit down to that cheese on the scraper.   I have never heard of a scraper before but like you use a box grater.     I try during the year to find unusual small things for their tree presents, but nearly 29 quid I think I will pass on this occasion.    Definitely getting the little knife sharpener though.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, grendel said:

Daughter in law has contact the guy who is selling the grate oin the photo in the USA but he will not ship to the UK so she has asked him to forward it to a pal Connecticut and she will send over for her.         Thank you for all of your help.

• Like 2