Wroxham Roadworks

Jbx5

To add to all the other temporary lights / roadworks in the area it is advised to stay away from the Wroxham area at the moment as the traffic is pretty bad I think there is a gas leak or some work on the main going on near to  the vets  backing up to well past Roy's garage one way and well over the bridge the other, it's been like that for over a week now.

John

The lights on the gas leak were removed Friday am. Having said that, the gas leak was fixed days ago, the hole was finally filled in some time Wednesday I think, then they put tarmac over that by Thursday. In all that time there was a guy in a truck monitoring the lights, cushy!

Four way traffic lights on Salhouse roundabout now.

• Like 1

Sounds like a lot of disruption right now. Off topic, I wish they would fit permanent lights to the Belt Road/Norwich Road junction nest to the Brick Kilns.  I know they cleared some trees a while back to give a better view but to me, the junction can still be dangerous. I remember they had lights there for a few weeks while roadworks were ongoing and that made life a lot easier!

• Like 1

I drive through potter and Wroxham everyday to/from work during rush hour and it doesn't add more than 5 minutes to my journey... they change for quite a long time so a lot of cars get through. Most of the hold up is due to laid back Norfolk drivers not selecting gear and releasing handbrake until the car in front has already pulled away by 100 yards...

41 minutes ago, HemsbyPie said:

I drive through potter and Wroxham everyday to/from work during rush hour and it doesn't add more than 5 minutes to my journey... they change for quite a long time so a lot of cars get through. Most of the hold up is due to laid back Norfolk drivers not selecting gear and releasing handbrake until the car in front has already pulled away by 100 yards...

Just like the people in supermarket queues - they mutter and tut about the time they've been queueing, then, when presented with the bill take three minutes raking around for the means to pay. Usually (but not always) women, who can't seem to remember which shopping bag they put their handbag in, then which partition of their handbags they put their purse in, then which partition of their purse holds the required card. Which is then refused. Cue another rake around in another bit of bag for another card. Good job I've got all the time in the world. :hardhat:

• Like 3