Bolognaise On Toast.

thingamybob

Hi everybody.

I have just knocked up a pan full of bolognaise sauce and as usual it sort of growed and is a bit too much for my evening meal, I have not decided whether to do a lasagne or a  tagliatelle bolognaise with it. The thing is there will be quite a lot left over, especially as I intend to put in some ratatouille from last evening's meal to make it really special. This is no problem as I never waste food if I can help it. In this situation I usually pot the stuff up and freeze it.

As freezing is not always possible on a boat, especially mine, try this tasty little tip. Warm it up and spread it on hot buttered toast next day and cover it with grated cheese of your choice, put under the grill and grill it to whatever level you choose.

In the words of one of my heroes, Professor Stanley Unwin: "Oh deep joy!" And probably would have followed that with "gobbly town the throcus" . Anybody under 50 may not know who I mean.  

• Like 7

Ok, I plumped for lasagne for my evening meal.

Here is a piccie, I am quite proud of that one although it could have been a bit more brown on top.

Tomorrow I will post a piccie of my breakfast bollie on toast which I will top with a nice fried free range egg with a couple of anchovies crossed over the yolk. Eggs and anchovies are a combination made in heaven.

100_1083.JPG

• Like 1

18 hours ago, thingamybob said:

Ok, I plumped for lasagne for my evening meal.

Here is a piccie, I am quite proud of that one although it could have been a bit more brown on top.

Tomorrow I will post a piccie of my breakfast bollie on toast which I will top with a nice fried free range egg with a couple of anchovies crossed over the yolk. Eggs and anchovies are a combination made in heaven.

100_1083.JPG

That sounds absolutely  scrumptious,  thingy!

I'm  making bol sauce on Saturday with 2lbs of mince and half a lb of ratatouille I have in the freezer. I'll make sure I leave enough for Sunday brekkers!    cheersbar

• Like 1

And there's more!

I went to visit my sister and stayed overnight after a few beers with bruv in law. What was on the menu for the evening meal? Spaghetti bolognaise!

Due to the fact that I am not a massive eater there was a bit of my meal left over so sis made me a little parcel and shoved it in the 'fridge.

As I have said, I do not like wasting food so when I got home today I shoved the spare bollie between two slices of some lovely wholemeal bread with a good shot of freshly ground black pepper and a goodly layer of tommie sauce.

Oh deep joy! Gobbly down the throcus!

• Like 2

Spare Bol sauce is a great thing, as you can make what the Yanks call a "sloppy joe" from it.  All you do is reheat the sauce and when hot, ladle it into a split burger bun. If you are feeling flush, you can add a cheese slice on top and as many burger condiments as you like. Messy to eat but mmmmmmmmmmmmm.

By the way, it's also great on a pizza.

cheers

Steve

• Like 1