Moorings At Horning

I have an idea that I read somewhere that the planning permission came with a condition that a certain length of free mooring had to be provided. Can't remember where I read it though, so I might be making it up and raising false hopes.

40 minutes ago, YnysMon said:

I have an idea that I read somewhere that the planning permission came with a condition that a certain length of free mooring had to be provided. Can't remember where I read it though, so I might be making it up and raising false hopes.

That is my understanding too. A length of 40 metres downstream of the new area should be underway soon. Hope so, we desperately need more mooring in that area. 

I seem to remember some problem with rubbish disposal being a fly in the ointment where these new moorings are concerned, or that may have been  to do with the proposal of pontoon mooring in the area. What access to Thurne there will be is anybody's guess at this stage. Time to do some research I think and try and clarify the situation. :blush: 

Just a little bit more, they are all side on mooring so no need for finger jetties, ample car parking, a lot of which will (in time) be next to each mooring. There are plans for water and electric dependant on demand. Toilets, showers and swimming pool also on site. 

The 40m of 24hr moorings downstream are a 10% 'donation' for lack of a better term, which allowed the rest of the work to go ahead. As far as I'm aware there not going to be replaced or refurbished just yet.

The pontoons might happen if the rubbish issue is resolved, there situation along with the 40m is on a public footpath so access will never be an issue.