2017 Beccles Wooden Broads Cruiser Show

JanetAnne

Bad news folks.

Malanka has suffered a gearbox issue and its a boat stopper too.  Fortunately they were at Brooms alongside when the fault manifested itself. Consequently the Crew are on their way home.  Malanka in Brooms safe hands for repair when the fault finding process has been completed.  Not a prayer of that being concluded before Saturday forenoon.  As a result neither Malanka and her crew will be in attendance.

I'm gutted as is my MrsG  as we were so looking forward to seeing them all for a social / catch up :default_badday:

Griff

• Sad 4

We are currently enjoying a consoling Indian meal in small village near Dover. Have hotel booked tonight and ferry tomorrow morning. 

Bitter er disappointment but stuff happens then you deal with it. Enjoy the show and the whole weekend 

Martin  and Fiona

43 minutes ago, Malanka said:

We are currently enjoying a consoling Indian meal in small village near Dover. Have hotel booked tonight and ferry tomorrow morning. 

Bitter er disappointment but stuff happens then you deal with it. Enjoy the show and the whole weekend 

Martin  and Fiona

not a million miles from me then, as Canterbury is only a 15 - 20 minute drive from Dover.

18 hours ago, BroadAmbition said:

Bad news folks.

Malanka has suffered a gearbox issue and its a boat stopper too.  Fortunately they were at Brooms alongside when the fault manifested itself. Consequently the Crew are on their way home.  Malanka in Brooms safe hands for repair when the fault finding process has been completed.  Not a prayer of that being concluded before Saturday forenoon.  As a result neither Malanka and her crew will be in attendance.

I'm gutted as is my MrsG  as we were so looking forward to seeing them all for a social / catch up :default_badday:

Griff

I'm sure there are enough of us to tow Malanka to Beccles and then back to the wet shed, just imagine that going through Yarmouth.

Hope you get her fixed soon Martin.

• Like 1

Thank you everyone for making Claudia, Barney and me so welcome at the weekend.  We all thoroughly enjoyed ourselves and were greatly impressed with all hard work that everyone has put into their boats but now have the problem of ensuring that Y618 is looking better for next year and up to the same standard.

Wishing you all hassle free cruising and look forward to seeing you on the water.

Philip

• Like 1

The 2017 Beccles Wooden Broads Cruiser Show continues to  go from strength to strength and despite the many  short and sharp downpours and the constant stiff breeze the event was well attended by the many visitors who came along the quay at Beccles Yacht Station and had a look about the old woodies.

It was a time to talk about how many hours had been spent on a particular job that began as just a small item, or sourcing that exact switch and not to mention talk of varnish and '"At the end of this season we are going to have to..." lines proving taking care of these craft is never something that stops.

But it is this mind set that forms a common bound between all of the owners who travel many hours to come here once a year and of course it would not be possible without Dave so this year we all dipped into our pockets and raised some money for him (even if Baby Broad Ambition donated a scaled down amount lol).

The Carnival Atmosphere was always good though from my opinion the introduction of a plastic fence around the site and a £1.00 entry stopped people 'wandering on over' to the quay and equally made it harder for us burger hunters to get their meat. Here are some photos I managed to take of a lovely time and am thoroughly jealous of Charlie and Laureen who now are on a 7 day holiday while I am now back at work..

IMG_4214.thumb.JPG.2c5f0ef7235707afcc5f7

IMG_4223.thumb.JPG.68167dcaf1bc991c38afe

IMG_4224.thumb.JPG.7e4942488596d8b9b6a72

IMG_4225.thumb.JPG.a135615ca27d51c555b5f

IMG_4226.thumb.JPG.9a68121bf689ef076adfb

IMG_4230.thumb.JPG.5a17b33cd0ec0907a63e2

IMG_4232.thumb.JPG.776e129a62e9c321c46b7

IMG_4287.thumb.JPG.7d8cac823aab89d26da5d

IMG_4290.thumb.JPG.4040ee452faf40127d073

IMG_4293.thumb.JPG.fabed465a366c90bfbf2a

IMG_4296.thumb.JPG.8aa02310864d85cafe967

• Like 4

it was great fun, I will post some pictures as soon as I have unloaded the car and can get to the camera, at the moment I am still wading through all of the posts that have appeared over the weekend. Robin didnt mention, the certificate awarded to the model, (of a correct size to be displayed on board), though now I will need to make a frame for the certificate.

• Like 1