Sherz & Linz On The Broads - May 2016 Holiday

johnsherz

Hi folks!

Watching Robin's latest youtube installment reminded me of this site, which I signed up to ages ago but alas never got round to getting very involved with! 

Just thought I'd share my latest holiday vid/blog/docu-whatever-you-want-to-call-it, featuring myself and my lovely lady onboard a little Hampton Safari for a week last year. I was bitten by the Broads bug at a very young age, and still can't get enough of it now. We're heading back towards the end of next month to do it all over again... :)

John

• Like 11

Nice. I thought it was more entertaining than the Brooms advert. Good music too  

One thing I have to comment on though. What's the soft drinks doing in the shots with the wine? Amateurs:party:

loved it and you really looked like you had a fantastic time. Hopefully you will be back this year?

• Like 1

Haha, I can assure you that Linz is no amateur, she'd probably drink me under the table to be fair. ;)

Indeed, we had an amazing time! I'm an old hand at Broads holidays, having done it with the family since I was a toddler - although after a 20 year break from it, I re-discovered the bug 3 years ago. Linz's first experience of it was our 2015 holiday (obligatory holiday video here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cmyv0RjjxCY&t=3s) and now she's as hooked as I am. 

One day when time and funds allow, we'd love to move to this part of the world. Well you gotta dream... In the meantime we're back on the water for a week on May 22 - bring it on!

• Like 5

We originally hired it because it was about the cheapest option with a proper sliding canopy. Seems very well set up for a "budget" boat though! Unfortunately somebody pipped us to the post for this year's getaway - will have to see what Ruby Gem is like in comparison... :)

• Like 1

12 hours ago, johnsherz said:

We originally hired it because it was about the cheapest option with a proper sliding canopy. Seems very well set up for a "budget" boat though! Unfortunately somebody pipped us to the post for this year's getaway - will have to see what Ruby Gem is like in comparison... :)

Ruby Gem is huge by comparison, it's also a great value 2 berth. The fixed dining table arrangement, separate to the sofa area is a great benefit.

• Like 1