Your Forum Needs You!

Timbo

Calling all photographers and videographers...your forum needs you!

We are trying to get together a library of photographs and video clips that we can use to help in the promotion of the NBN. Do you have any cracking photographs or stunning footage of the Broads that you will allow us to use in the marketing and promotion of the Norfolk Broads Network to new members, sponsors and advertisers?

Please post photographs into this thread or a link to your video footage in YouTube or Vimeo (we cannot host video footage on the forum). Any contributions greatly appreciated.

In the meantime we have a new forum 'ident' that members can use on their videos, subject to the NBN's rules and guidelines on content, which can be seen below. It goes without saying that we welcome all members comments and contributions and very much appreciate any help you can give.

• Like 5

Hi Timbo

You are welcome to use any of my videos on YouTube four of which are linked below and there are others (search for "Bryan Willmore" on YouTube).  I have also attached some photographs, these are low quality versions, higher quality available.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YuuFBaNaemY

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jS25BRyDRxI

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HSWWJCze0NI

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KI3fWPlSP4A

River Ant - 01.jpg

Sunset - 01.jpg

Swallowtail- 01.jpg

Womack Water - 01.jpg

Womack Water - 02.jpg

Womack Water - 03.jpg

• Like 9

Fred, absolutely brilliant, I really enjoyed that, thanks so much for posting, I would try posting some of mine but trust me when I say it will take a month of Sundays lol. Our lovely Dave (Deebee) helped me change my avatar thinghy, it took me all afternoon and please don't think I'm joking :facepalm:

Grace

• Like 3

It's turning out to be a right pain to get the 17seconds of video onto the start of mine, 3 failed attempts during processing with gopro studio, now on Windows movie maker and seems to be working. Down to the fact my videos are between 1-2 hours long. Wish me luck with upload time to YouTube. Branden

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, brandenjg said:

It's turning out to be a right pain to get the 17seconds of video onto the start of mine, 3 failed attempts during processing with gopro studio, now on Windows movie maker and seems to be working. Down to the fact my videos are between 1-2 hours long. Wish me luck with upload time to YouTube. Branden

Hmmm...just taken a quick shufty at GoPro. Yikes talk about compression! The GoPro cineform codec really, I mean really really compress the files they produce, then GoPro Studio compresses the files some more. Then when you upload to YouTube they compress even more...up to 70% in some cases. 

Your render problem is most likely caused by the differences in resolution between the two clips. The ident is rendered using a lossless codec to maintain its quality, particularly the text, before YouTube 'squishes' it. I used an industry standard 3840x2160 HD resolution downscaled to 1920x1080. Industry standard resolution dictates that frame width must be evenly divisible by 16 and frame height by 8. The GoPro is an 'odd bunny' in that in it's native resolution the frame height is 1524 and not evenly divisible by 8. So when rendering its having difficulty joining two different size frames.

Good 'ol Windows Movie Maker will be automatically downsizing your GoPro footage so it can stitch the two together. A right work horse it is. Often a port of call to correct incompatible footage.

• Like 2

The gopro studio is fine with the footage straight from the sd card but once you've exported the footage then try to reload it into the studio say to make tweaks it just wants none of it.

Movie maker was a God send, all finished within a couple hours and managed to also save a 8x speed video. Not everyone wants to watch 2 hours of Boat footage so 8x works out about 15mins so gives the viewers a more manageable view of the journey. May add some background music to the 8x speed then upload both videos today.

Branden

• Like 1

Over the years I have discovered that when tweeking my footage, I can obtain very satisfying results if I use a little extra ram. It should of course always be held in mind that any extra compression might shorten the overall duration causing the necessity for adding further peripherals and thereby the handling of the software might be less than satisfactory.

Naturally none of the above is applicable when adequate hardware is available, and, as you are all fully aware, the appropriate System Monitor And Control  unit will need to be properly interfaced with all of these tweeks.

What this all boils down to is that unless you lot all start talking English again, You'll get a SMAC Interface. 

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, MauriceMynah said:

What this all boils down to is that unless you lot all start talking English again, You'll get a SMAC Interface. 

Sorry MM...what I meant to say of course was that the first thingy was a different doodah to the other do hickey and it might make his thingy wositer not prussick the whole shebang in one welt. So by doofering both dodah's through the other thingy wotsiter it twiddled one thingy to make it a doobury as well as the other wotsit and then sponged the whole caboodle in a wodge to make a good 'un. :facepalm:

• Like 5