My Day

LizG

Okay, got up, checked moth trap, updated website (butterfly stuff), started ironing, went down to Swimming Pool, did 100 lengths (2.5k) in added of Marie Curie Swimathon, https://www.justgiving.com/companyteams/avesswimathon

Came home, finished ironing, had breakfast, went out and bought dress for daughter 1s wedding and extras, had lunch, did curtain repairs, had BBQ and small drink, did website (butterflies) posted on NBN

Quiet day in glorious sunshine!

Liz

ps minor plug for charity!

• Like 7

Ironing ? Nooooo!  :shocked Wedding shopping? Lovely!

We had daughter & small grandson for this glorious weekend. Both days were out in the perfect weather, they included picnics, merecats, balance bike riding, duck feeding, tadpole scrutiny, a cat coming for a walk with us and much swing and sandpit action. Lovely! 

• Like 6

Came to the boat yesterday intending to stay for about 10 days unless the weather gets too awful and drives us home. Apologies in advance for any peculiarities in my posting .It's likely as I' m at the mercy of the tablet when on the boat and it has a mind of it's own.

Carole

• Like 5

Darlin Carole is peculiar as she has an "E" on the end of her name and that dam "E" causes me to have to keep editing posts that I mention Carol in. 

The weather will stay fine Carole as I will set Gracie on it wont I darlin if it decides other wise.

Charlie xx xx :hiding:

• Like 1

what a day - up early to run daughter to work (bank holiday timetable = 1 hour early to work or 5 minutes late.) that was 30 miles. later this morning call from my dad - his laptop has stopped working, back again to Ashford, still there when daughter finished work, so picked her up on the way home. dad has new laptop, (the old one wasnt even getting as far as powering on, just the green light) now I have to go back sunday to recover his stuff off the old drive, plus load the software he uses back on.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Bound2Please said:

Darlin Carole is peculiar as she has an "E" on the end of her name and that dam "E" causes me to have to keep editing posts that I mention Carol in. 

The weather will stay fine Carole as I will set Gracie on it wont I darlin if it decides other wise.

Charlie xx xx :hiding:

Sorry about the "e" Charlie odd thing is that when I had my daughter, because the "e" kept being left off my name , I called her Tracy without and people put an "e " in you just can't win!

Carole

• Like 1

My Day -

Today will consist of clay shooting from 0930 through to 1230, then spending rest of day at daughters ticking off items on a list she has titled 'Dads List'  you know the king of stuff, change taps/wastes in ensuite basins, replace thermostatic showers, riser rails etc, Wall hooks in garage, Lights and flooring in the loft.  Whilst I'm cracking on with the list, said daughter and her partner will be out for the afternoon of course

Griff

My day to day is going to be a duvet day, chilling with the kids, munching pop corn and probably watching one of the Star Wars movies for what seems like the 100th time Yesterday had family over, the Aunt (the one that hates boats, quite mad) asked me "Are you still silly about rivers? I thought you would have grown out of that at your age" twoguns After trying to explain to her that Broadland was in my very soul, she still proceeded to tell me about the delights of a week in Spain and how I would enjoy that so much more :facepalm:

Grace

• Like 5

Here's a typical day...beagles,tablets, computers, boat, NBN, filming, woodwork, coffee, beagles, tablets. I fit all of these in between taking Ellie to work, picking her up for lunch, taking her back to work, picking her up from work and going shopping.

All of this is interspersed by me asking 'what day is it?'.

• Like 4

27 minutes ago, Gracie said:

There you go, our Timbo is living proof that men really CAN multi task :naughty:

Whatever you're doing, have a great day everyone

Grace

Well darlin most womens idea of multi tasking is red in this glass white in this one, but how do i refill either as no spare hand for the bottles.... :hardhat:cheers

Charlie :hiding:

• Like 3

after the third visit, my dad is back up and running with a new windows 10 laptop, loaded up with the software he prefers (publisher 98 and office 2000) after getting half the software and his  old files on, I went to change the drive in my sata drive caddy, and I hear a pop, the power adapter had blown, thus there I was with a disc of software I couldnt access, so after a trip home yesterday, a further trip was needed this morning to sort out the last few programs so he can edit his photos, the added bonus being that all this was done with no internet access as he has a laptop, but doesnt connect it to the internet. result - where has the bank holiday weekend gone to?

• 2 months later...

Earlier this week I had to lift floor tiles from a neighbours kitchen floor, clean off adhesive  etc in readiness for her having a new kitchen fitted, on completion of that I will put down a new tiled floor for her.  The lady owner of the house is away on holiday at present so after I had finished I sent her a cheeky text as per:-

Hi Sue - Hope the holiday going great.  Right then, I estimated 6 x Hrs to get your tiled floor up and cleaned, well it took me 3 x Hrs in total so your invoice will be halved.           I have been in your knicker drawer - Impressive!  Drank all your steak and eaten all your beer  LOL   xxx

Her reply:-

Hey Super star! Brill Charlie, thank you very much.  You'd best not have messed with the gold silk knickers and tiara, they match my Wonder Woman outfit LOL.  Hope the beer was tender and the steak pretty cool.   Off to the bar in a mo, need another Stella to cool down.  This place is fabulous.  Thanks again!! xx

Cracking reply was that eh?  Doing my mundane job of wall / floor tiling is made so much more rewarding when I'm dealing with clients that have a sense of humour and know how to smile!

Griff

• Like 12