My Day

LizG

Today was a lesson in how valuable life is and what's important 

a good day usual in many ways until driving home then some poor old boy at a junction that I was passing had a heart attack his foot slipped the pedals and his car smashed into the front of my car - I knew something was wrong as his head was slumped. Instantly I knew something was not right and it wasn't . It was very apparent I had need to try relax and comfort this poor chap and help assist him in his breathing as he was struggling  sadly he did not make it and I have since racked my brain.......was there anything more I could have done .......I don't think I could 

somebodys husband somebody's dad somebodys grandad somewhere somebody loved this man and I don't know his name 

today is a **** day people 

finny

• Sad 10

Aww Finny my lovely, please don't beat yourself up over it. You did all that you could for him. I see it as a blessing for him  that you were there to comfort him at the end

I honestly don't know if I could have done what you did, you're a hero in my book

Grace :default_icon_kiss:

• Like 3

What a sad experience to go through. I don't think any of us can know how we will react to any kind of shock or situation until we're in it. But it sounds as if you did the best that you could for someone you didn't know but whose path happened to cross yours for a short time.

• Like 4

Thank you even though I am not beating myself up its only natural to go over the events and wonder did you do the right thing which I am sure I did and for me at the time it was to make sure he had a clear airway - he really was struggling to breath

There is a god and he was dressed in green (paramedic ) took over at the very time I knew we had lost him .ten out of ten from me to emergency services and although it looks brutal you know it's right

I also dont mind saying it was a shock even though it happens probably every day 

Thanks finny

• Like 5

Today ....
Two and a half hours Potter to Wroxham in our little day boat.
Norfolk Marine, bag of chips, coffee.
Two and a half hours back to Potter for tea.
Awesome!
Five hours boating for under a tenner in fuel. My Land Rover would drink that in about 15 minutes! The ski boat in about 5!!!

• Like 4

1 hour ago, JohnK said:

Today ....
Two and a half hours Potter to Wroxham in our little day boat.
Norfolk Marine, bag of chips, coffee.
Two and a half hours back to Potter for tea.
Awesome!
Five hours boating for under a tenner in fuel. My Land Rover would drink that in about 15 minutes! The ski boat in about 5!!!

Lovely day to be on the rivers too :default_biggrin:

• Like 1

Saturday,

Lifting out the yeoman I sail in the winter,

Then a visit to the RAF Radar Museum http://www.radarmuseum.co.uk/ it's worrying half the stuff in there I worked on...

Sunday,

6 hours clearing brambles and under growth behind the sailing boat I'm rebuilding. The tarpaulins  and boat must have created a good micro climate behind there. Getting ready to carry on the work this year.

Tuesday,

Eye tests 09:00, useless for several hours after as the eyes go fuzzy with the eyedrops they use..

• Thanks 1

Over the years I've been a follower of a model railway forum which has a similar thread to this one.

Amoungst other things, we've been entertained by the tales of a contributers son, as he left school, went to university, got a very good degree, and recently took up a post as a university lecturer  / researcher.

Today he has to fly to Dublin with his wife. His son was found dead in his University rooms yesterday. it's amazing the death of someone you don't know, have never met, were never likely to meet, can be so upsetting...

• Like 1
  • Sad 3

Easter Saturday and its sodding raining! We could sit in all day, but that's not really what we planned to do. I thought we might go to the cinema, it's dry in there, so I checked what was on. Hmmm nope, nothing of compelling interest; ah just a minute...Live broadcast of Mozart's '  Cosi fan Tutti' (Everbody's doing it) from the Met, NY. Ok that was worth a try. Phill was less convinced, opera and 4 hours long (!) but, on the whole, we thought it was worth going. We were hoping for subtitles lol

Oh boy, what a fantastic experience that was! It was funny and wonderfully performed, with a 1950's Coney Island theme that really worked, and included fire eaters and sword swallowers recruited from the real Coney Island. 4 hours flew by, and yes there were subtitles.:default_biggrin:

• Like 3

7 hours ago, psychicsurveyor said:

Friday,  boat cleaning,  Saturday,  boat cleaning,  Sunday if it stops raining I might get to take the little Broom out for a run.

It's just easing off here now in south-central Norfolk, Mark, so let's hope that you can all get out!   :default_eusa_dance:

• Like 1

Friday - Working day onboard 'B.A'       Saturday - Continue wall tiling / grouting a kitchen      Sunday - Clay shooting 0930 - 1230, that is assuming the rain holds off otherwise we will be sat in t clubhouse watching the rain      Sunday afternoon - actually having time to catch up on stuff around the house and in t office, however have to go and do an estimate and silicone seal a kitchen up

Griff

On 29/03/2018 at 07:38, TheQ said:

it's amazing the death of someone you don't know, have never met, were never likely to meet, can be so upsetting...

It is amazing how you can feel that you really know people you converse with online. And even more so when it’s someone you’ve been watching on YouTube!

Woken this morning just after 7am by a louding banging sound.

Damned woodpecker (lesser-spotted sort) trying to enlarge the hole in the bird box we have attached to side of house.

Woken this morning to the all too familiar sound of rain on the cabin top. I'm running out of jobs to do inside the boat and the list of jobs outside isn't getting any shorter.

36 minutes ago, BroadAmbition said:

This morning at 0700 - heavy rain.   0715 - Sleet,  now it is snowing.  My farmer friends are proper struggling and are way behind themselves on the land with the amount of rain that March produced up here

Griff

Hi Griff, 

It is still snowing here at 7.00 am it was white over and is about 2 inch deep going by the snow on the top of the fence posts.

Regards

Alan 

• Thanks 1

Well my day didn't go to plan today unfortunately. My best friends Nan had a nasty fall a couple of weeks ago now, dislocating her shoulder and a nasty gash on her head. She was doing really well but then developed a chest infection that's resulted with her back in the ICU on life support. I got a tearful phone call from my friend and of course I dropped everything to be with her. We are really hoping she pulls through and makes it to my friends wedding in May which she was so looking forward to. Now home and poured myself a glass of wine, in my comfys checking if you lot are behaving yourself on the forum and answer a couple of messages from my gorgeous friend

Grace

• Like 6
  • Sad 1

That must be so hard for your friend, especially when wedding plans are in full swing. Fingers crossed that our absolutely brilliant docs and nurses do their thing now. It’s really good that your friend thought to call you and you we’re able to offer the support needed at such an emotional time- that’s what besties are for!  Always important when you are being a support that you look after you too- tired and wobbly supports are not as good, so the comfiest and a wee glass of something is defo in order! :409_wine_glass:

• Like 3