Hi All

coolcat

15 hours ago, Wildfuzz said:

Essex lad also, moved up in 2000, would never go back!!!!

Went to see my old friends couple of years ago got totally lost it has changed beyond all recognition. Where i used to work there's a big shopping centre called Lakeside now.:shocked

• Like 2

They just keep building ... everywhere. We don't ever go to Lakeside now as we prefer to go to Bluewater if we go anywhere outside of Chelmsford for shopping, which is rare as we have everything here especially with all the refurbishment and expansion the city centre has had over the last year.

• Like 2

This coming from a bit of a fashion victim but I actually don't like those big shopping outlets whether they be in Brighton or Essex, got some nice little shops in Paris, Yves st Laurant, Gucci, you know the sort of thing :naughty:

So, sorry for going off your topic Coolcat but someone did mention shopping :facepalm:

Grace

• Like 3

A warm welcome from me too Coolcat!

Don't let that Maurice Mynah lead you astray under that Potter Heigham Bridge...once the tide traps you it's only your weight in beer and bar snacks that can get you back under again!  There's a reason why Ray bought that big boat! :naughty:

• Like 1

On 4/11/2017 at 7:25 PM, Londonlad1985 said:

Sugar Hut cheersbar

White Hart thats destruction of an old Brentwood landmark, pastified just to suit TV... Be glad whemn it returns to the White hart coaching Inn, oh it cant can it as all its history, body has been destroyed.

Charlie

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Bound2Please said:

:welcome: Coolcat to the forum from me and the Wench (some call her Inge) others hide dont they MM rofl

Charlie

Thanks Charlie and Inge ......nice to see another Clactonian on here, where about's are you in Clacton ?

5 hours ago, MauriceMynah said:

Yep, I can't remember what was going through my mind (apart from "Jaws" ) when I posted that ! Probably just got back from the pub !!! Never mind eh, you'll get used to me. :) 

PMSL:bow

4 hours ago, Bound2Please said:

Hello Coolcats we are actually from gods waiting room (Holland on Sea) matey

Charlie

Better that way than the other way.......Jaywick:shocked

We live on Ruaton Gardens by the way.

31 minutes ago, coolcat said:

Better that way than the other way.......Jaywick:shocked

We live on Ruaton Gardens by the way.

Now now there's nuffin wrong with Beirut that cant be fixed with a.................................

It was always Jaywick Sands when I was a kid and always will be I for one hate it as Beirut as it has become.

Charlie

PS Ruaton Gardens nice little area that

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, grendel said:

I went on holiday to the static caravan site at Jaywick, it looked a bit dodgy on the road to the campsite with all the boarded up and burnt out holiday cottages, but that aside it was a good holiday.

Like I said Jaywick Sands used to be a lovely place, but of late its well erm ummmm how do you say it with out the pc brigade jumping up n down.

Any way Grendel the tower camp has always been good friendly and well kept, many a good holiday has been had there, in fact my parents used to own one there in the 70's / 80's .

Charlie

On 11/04/2017 at 9:12 PM, MauriceMynah said:

Not Rough In Essex???? Ever been to sarfend on dole night?

I've never understood the 'Essex' thing. Essex has always seemed perfectly o.k. to me boasting some very attractive property. I've enjoyed many a day on the beach at West cliffe and my grandparents had a beautiful home in Canvey Island and I well Remember  the  day my daft dog walked off the cliff at Frinton when I was 9 years old (he survived without a scratch)

Carole

• Like 1

Well like Carole, I was like born just artside of Sarfend like in Leon See like innit you know, and like I noo Sarfend well like you know. Bofe me an me sister like went to West-leigh skool an she went on to Belfairs like, but we moved an I went to a rather pleasant school in Hertfordshire. Gives one hairs and graces don't you know!

Seriously though, I have no problem with taking the pee out of Essex, if it hadn't been there it would have been somewhere else. There are indeed some wonderful places in Essex, personally I'm pretty fond of Dunmow, Chelmsford and most of the sea-side places.

• Like 2

Both my husband and I grew up in North London and houses in  streets that we thought of as slums now fetch in excess of £1,000,000! In fact the house I grew up in owned by my father would fetch an eyewatering sum now I wish he was still here to know this I can't even imagine his astonishment.  He moved us to what he considered to be a much better neighbourhood when I was 16. The house he left is now worth more than the house he bought in what was considered to be very upmarket at the time. I still don't understand why Essex became the butt of denigrating humour

Carole

Emoticon

1 hour ago, addicted said:

Both my husband and I grew up in North London and houses in  streets that we thought of as slums now fetch in excess of £1,000,000! In fact the house I grew up in owned by my father would fetch an eyewatering sum now I wish he was still here to know this I can't even imagine his astonishment.  He moved us to what he considered to be a much better neighbourhood when I was 16. The house he left is now worth more than the house he bought in what was considered to be very upmarket at the time. I still don't understand why Essex became the butt of denigrating humour

Carole

Basildon, and the funny way they talk?