Hello Forum Members

Hi everyone,

My fiancee and I have just bought our first boat, a 2 berth Shetland Speedwell called Susie, to enjoy on the broads this summer.

We are based near Potter Heigham and hope to spend time exploring the sights and attractions the waterways have to offer.

Being new to NBN I am still looking through the different sections of the forum and may well pop up here and there as time goes by.. :)

So far it all looks very good!

• Like 5

1 hour ago, BroadAmbition said:

Merlin welcome 

cracking monica is that, are you a wizard or a fine example of British engineering?

Griff

I'd love to be able to claim one of those (the 2nd) Griff, I really would. But....

It's a mashup of an old call-sign and a year far too long ago! 

Really looking forward to the first trip this weekend. :)

I'm collecting Susie F929 from Wroxham, around lunchtime tomorrow, to bring here to her mooring on the river Thurne.

I have printed off, cropped and laminated her NBN forum poster which will be placed in the windscreen, for all to see!

Preparations have consumed my spare time this week, so hopefully I can cope with any 'situations' I may find myself in....?

• Like 5

Welcome Merlin, My first boat was a Shetland 760 and was the great love of my life for many years.  Even though the boat we have now  is  bigger and grander  my first boat still holds a special place in my heart.  I saw her out on the river  some time back and her owners,  looking at the boat we have now were frankly  bemused  at my obvious love for their boat.

Carole

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Wildfuzz said:

Merlin, welcome. Take a trip to Hickling Broad, a pint or two in one or the other of the local pubs. Its a nice little trip to get you eye in, we often go the other way and stop at Lathams. Enjoy!

Merlin:

That is my favourite bit of the Broads. Go and enjoy.

• Like 1

Well we made it in one piece and a very pleasant passage it was too..

Susie has her own blog,Twitter & Facebook pages, where updates will be posted (and on here of course) so keep your eyes peeled. :)

Many thanks for welcome messages too...

• Like 3