Not A Recipe But.......

Wildfuzz

Had a couple of days camping with some friends over the bank holiday, several members of the group were using Cobb ovens, well I was mightily impressed, a full Sunday roast prepared on a few charcoal briquettes this bit of kit is so versatile, the bottom doesn't get hot at all, no smoke, and handles a beef joint and all the trimmings including yourshires. more Glamping than camping. Thought it might be of interest to forumites as a great addition to any boat and much easier than a traditional BBQ, more versatile to.

http://gasproducts.co.uk/cobb-premier-bbq-oven-set.html?gclid=CLX14eTVstMCFUWfGwod22sBXQ

• Like 3

We have a Cobb, and it is good in all the ways Stuart says, except for the charcoal briquettes. We have never got a sufficient heat with anything other than the Cobb own brand fuel discs. These are recycled coconut husks with impregnated starter fuel and really work well for us.

Maybe if we had longer to linger over the BBQ then the suggested 4 briquettes would eventually come good, but the Cobb fuel does the job.

Lakeland now sell a gas version too.

You have no worries with the BBQ damaging the ground as with some because it's actually fine to use it on almost any surface, we put ours on a wooden table.

Just a point of caution, because of the cool sides you can pick it up and move it about, one person told me she used hers in the boat! 

Carbon monoxide warning! I always leave ours ashore to the next morning if possible,  or at least remove the fuel basket, and the fuel just crumbles to dust.

• Like 2

I find that a gas blow torch lights our Cobb very quickly and efficiently... the instructions do say to let all the smoke die away before you move it indoors.

We let the smoke die away and then throw a handful of soaked maple wood chips on, then on with the chicken. The result is quite wonderfully smoked chicken!    iceslice

• Like 1