Hello Everyone

Jocave

Long time lurker but first time posting , myself and the wife will be back on the broads at the end of May starting from Ferry Marina ,this will be our fourth trip in recent years after a long break away, we got the bug again after watching all of Robin's great blogs...

• Like 2

cheers everyone, counting down the days now , my father and the inlaws have rented one of the cottages from Ferry marina at the same time so they will be joining us on the boat a couple of times so we can show them the sights, had to change the boat we booked though due to the original one only being licensed to carry four persons, oh well at least we will have plenty of space when there is just the two of us

• Like 1

First one was on the southern rivers with a boat from Alpha craft ,Alpha swift to be precise, be interested to know what happened to this after the sad demise of the hire fleet, hopefully its still out and about in the hands of another company or maybe a private buyer, the last couple of times have been on the northern rivers ,the last one in 2004 on Fair Diplomat that we weren't confident enough to try and get under Ludham bridge, we have Golden Emblem this time so hopefully we should be able to squeeze under as we would love to explore the Ant , boat choice is a bit tricky for us as the wife suffers from MS so has limited mobility and needs something easy to get on and off and preferably with a flat floor, Diplomat was a bit of a silly choice really due to the steps up to the door and steps down to the saloon plus the ones down to both cabins, hoping Golden emblem is a lot easier for her this time as her condition has worsened over the last year or so, can't wait now only four and a bit weeks to go...

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Hi and welcome jocave. Handy hint: Kathy also has limited mobility (osteoarthritis) and we've found a caravan step an absolute Godsend,both for getting around on board and on and off the bank. Just don't get one of the folding ones - too flimsy for serious use!

8 hours ago, YnysMon said:

A belated welcome. I had a bit of a nosy around Golden Emblem when we hired Royale Emblem a few weeks back...looked like you are in for a treat!

Helen

Great only ten days to wait now, we are now making the trip from North Wales the day before and have booked a room in Norwich..

Welcome to the site, I hope you enjoy this years holiday.

Assuming you are here for at least a week,  you will around during the chaos, Please take a read of

We don't want to frighten you off:Sailing  :love,  A good spot  to watch the race would be St Benets  Straight I think the majority will pass maybe between 12:00 and 15:00 , then you'd have a quiet trundle back to ferry Marina in the morning, with the  race stragglers...

8 hours ago, TheQ said:

Welcome to the site, I hope you enjoy this years holiday.

Assuming you are here for at least a week,  you will around during the chaos, Please take a read of

We don't want to frighten you off:Sailing  :love,  A good spot  to watch the race would be St Benets  Straight I think the majority will pass maybe between 12:00 and 15:00 , then you'd have a quiet trundle back to ferry Marina in the morning, with the  race stragglers...

We will just miss this, we could only fit in a four night break on this occasion due to work and other commitments, I did read about it and thought "oh that could be interesting if we get caught up in it" shame really I would have liked to  watch this  as long as we were moored up somewhere with a glass of something in hand, we are hoping to come back for a week or ten day break later in the year if we can find a suitable boat that's available on the dates we have free , in fact we will find a suitable boat because not too sure the wife will be able to manage it the year after so determined to sort out at least one more visit this year..

Sorry you're having such a short break,

In the unlikely Event You are Here the first week in August . We can provide more chaos during Horning regatta week up to 150 boats between the sailing club and Dydlers mill. Monday the 31st July to Friday the 4th of August09:30 to about 17:00 :love