Saying Hello

Carol

Hello all,

Joined the forum a few days ago, having been a NBN FB member for some time, so here we are saying Hi :wave

A bit about us - Keith & I had our 1st holiday on the Broads about 4 years ago now - tried the smallest boat we could find for a weekend, with the aim of ticking off a broads holiday from a non existent 'to do' list. Needless to say we were hooked & hired a number of boats on the northern rivers before eventually deciding boat sharing was right for us. We now thoroughly look forward to our 4 weeks a year - all seasons & weathers.

We are signed up for the spring meet so looking forward to meeting some of you then.

Carol

• Like 4

A very warm welcome aboard the forum from me :wave

Have to agree with Charlie, not only the Broads becoming addictive but this forum too

We have never actually been to a Meet (yet) but great fun by all accounts, especially if you're a bit of a lush who has trouble finding their way back to their boats at two in the morning :naughty: 

Grace

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Gracie said:

A very warm welcome aboard the forum from me :wave

Have to agree with Charlie, not only the Broads becoming addictive but this forum too

We have never actually been to a Meet (yet) but great fun by all accounts, especially if you're a bit of a lush who has trouble finding their way back to their boats at two in the morning :naughty: 

Grace

Gracie, How can you resist? Sounds just up your street, (and mine) We can't make it either. Can't get the boat there and the walk from the car park is not an option for me these days.

Carole

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, SPEEDTRIPLE said:

Hi Carol and Keith.

Welcome from me too, another syndicate owner. We have a share in Lightning, and were aboard last week. Why not get an NBN burgee so we will know who`s aboard?.  Regards to you both ..................... Neil.

Silver Cloud had a burgee last Friday when we passed her at Irstead but we didn't know who was onboard 

• Like 2

Hi Carol and welcome.

I would really like to fly the NBN burgee, but don't have a mast. Also given that I'm a solo boater, I can't have a mast that means leaving the helm to put it up/down for bridges. Finally I can't have anything that increases my airdraft as I'm moored on the Hickling side of Potter Heigham.

Suggestions please :) 

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, MauriceMynah said:

Hi Carol and welcome.

I would really like to fly the NBN burgee, but don't have a mast. Also given that I'm a solo boater, I can't have a mast that means leaving the helm to put it up/down for bridges. Finally I can't have anything that increases my airdraft as I'm moored on the Hickling side of Potter Heigham.

If you were really committed  you would rig up a system of lines and pulleys to raise/lower the mast when required :party:

3 hours ago, MauriceMynah said:

Hi Carol and welcome.

Piano wire, nice and springy

Welcome  Carol and Keith from me too. Hope you get the pleasure from this forum I've had. It keeps me going through the winter when the boat is under wraps and I'm home not there! Enjoy your boating holiday, hope the weather is kind and not too windy. Your boat looks lovely.

CarolE

• Like 1