Good Morning Boaters All

After lurking for many years and being a member on the other side our imminent change in circumstances warrants our joining here and hopefully bending a few ears for suggestions and ideas .

we are Simon and Kate hailing from Cambridge , subject to a favourable survey report we hope to be the proud owners of a beautiful Ocean 30 in the next few days , and we would welcome any suggestions for friendly , picturesque moorings that are available to rent , we do have the offer of a mooring at wroxham for £2040  yearly if unable to locate elsewhere.

we also would be most appreciative if any good member could suggest the following ,

best insurance company suggestions 

breakdown cover supplier 

also we will be seeking a reliable company to remove a bathing platform and fit and supply a transome ladder ?

thank you all in advance for your expertise and advice and hope to see all of you afloat very soon

simon and Kate 

• Like 2

Welcome to the forum Cambridge Cabby, fingers crossed your survey is good and the purchase tied up.

We have used Navigators & General for our insurance and I think many others do too. We have not had to claim luckily! Boulter Marine provide a good breakdown cover, we did have to call them out last year in an emergency and they were there and got us sorted out in no time at all. Hope this helps.

I bet you can't wait to get afloat in your own boat, enjoy! :Stinky

• Like 1

1 hour ago, vanessan said:

We have used Navigators & General for our insurance and I think many others do too. We have not had to claim luckily! Boulter Marine provide a good breakdown cover, we did have to call them out last year in an emergency and they were there and got us sorted out in no time at all. Hope this helps.

Simon & Kate a very Warm Welcome aboard from us!  :welcome:

We completely agree with Vanessa's comments above.     :wave

• Like 1

Hello Simon & Kate,

Welcome to the NBN forum.

I agree that Navigators & General are used by many of the forum members, but in our circumstances too many restrictions.

Totally agree with the recommendation regarding Boulters, you could get a quote from them for the work you require on your boat.

If you check out our forum pages you will find we have various lists of service providers, mooring, BSS, repairs, servicing etc.

Regards

Alan

• Like 1

Welcome to the forum from me There are a couple of moorings available at Brundall Bay marina where we moor . We relocated here from the Ouse  in 2010 and wish we'd  done it years ago. This is a great marina with good service and facilities. Hope you get your boat,, if you're buying her on the Ouse it may well be a boat we know . What's she called?

Carole

• Like 1

Shes actually for sale with NBS at Brundle , although she came off the Ouse a couple of years ago , Cerise Lady ( although name will be changed)

Our preference would be a Northern Broads mooring though not set in stone , so far our list to try  includes NBS wroxham , Sutton Staithe , Coxs Barton Turf and Broadsedge marina are there any more ?

if survey successful I will seeking for this month onwards 

2 hours ago, CambridgeCabby said:

Shes actually for sale with NBS at Brundle , although she came off the Ouse a couple of years ago , Cerise Lady ( although name will be changed)

Our preference would be a Northern Broads mooring though not set in stone , so far our list to try  includes NBS wroxham , Sutton Staithe , Coxs Barton Turf and Broadsedge marina are there any more ?

if survey successful I will seeking for this month onwards 

This boat was a familiar sight on the Ouse and latterly here on Brundall Bay. I believe she was for a good few years berthed in St. Neots which back in the day was something of an Ocean 30 stronghold .Most of the Oceans were gradually replaced by Sancerres. She  slways appeared to be a  well cared for boat. She's certainly  a good looker! I wish you great joy with her I'm sure she won't disappoint 

Carole

• Like 1

Hi Simon & Kate and welcome to the forum. In response to your questions I would recomend you to try:-

Insurance:- GJW Direct of Liverpool. Tel 0151 473 8000

Breakdown cover supplier:- Sutton Staithe Boatyard. Tel 01692 581653. Rob Frearson launched this new service in January and is offering a very competitve deal following the purchase of a boat more than capable of doing the job required

Boycee

• Like 1

Thank you all , so far , for your welcomes and help.

tbh can't find where on the forum the mooring suppliers are listed Alan  but prob just me being dense.

as I mentioned we would prefer to be located on the Northern rivers we have been offered a place in Moores old yard at Wroxham and at what seems a competitive rate of £2040 annually , ideally would prefer a quieter locality though , facilities would be a bonus but not an essentiality