Back To Basics Cooking On The Corsican Part 15 ...

2 hours ago, grendel said:

considering I will be cooking on a wood stove at the meet Basics is good.

Grendel when you say you will be cooking on a wood stove do you mean the boat you are on has a wood stove or your setting one up outside just interested to no and is the stove one that is for cooking on as well as heat ... cheers ...

I will be setting one up on the shore, I managed to get a frontier portable stove last weekend at the boot fair- it looks like this, it all packs inside the fire box for transport. it does cooking as well as heat.

frontier.jpg

7 minutes ago, grendel said:

I will be setting one up on the shore, I managed to get a frontier portable stove last weekend at the boot fair- it looks like this, it all packs inside the fire box for transport. it does cooking as well as heat.

frontier.jpg

I have seen them on line so it will be good to see one in the flesh ...

1 hour ago, grendel said:

Geoffery, do you reckon I should attempt bread on my stove at the upcoming meet?

I don't see why not I will bring a thermometer with me if you like and we can both do one that might be fun what do you think ...

sounds good fun, I will bring an infra red thermometer so I can see what temperatures my stove reaches.

now I would normally use fresh yeast so i will have to see what i have in the way of dried, all my fresh is in the freezer and wont last once defrosted (it gets portioned up in ice cube trays and frozen- then used straight from frozen)

2 minutes ago, grendel said:

sounds good fun, I will bring an infra red thermometer so I can see what temperatures my stove reaches.

now I would normally use fresh yeast so i will have to see what i have in the way of dried, all my fresh is in the freezer and wont last once defrosted (it gets portioned up in ice cube trays and frozen- then used straight from frozen)

I wont kid you on I only ever use the little packs of dried yeast I did tell you my bread is very basic but still much better then the old shop bought crap that we all eat at times , but sound like real bit of fun might even vlog it so wear your best frock ... LOL ... cheers ...

• Like 1