Swan Rapture, Roamer Or Radiance?

I'm a lucky, lucky man because for next year, Mrs Broads01 has decided she'd like to come with me for a short break and we both love the look of the Swancraft 2 berth offerings. Rapture, Reflection and Radiance are all available for the date we want and all are the same price. The differences I've picked out are Rapture has plainer upholstery and no whirlpool bath. Also Radiance has an L Shaped sofa (not a curved one) and no separate dining table (according to the plan). Which is the newest? Any recommendations? 

• Like 2

To be honest, I would go with any one of them but like the Skipper, Renown would be my choice too, absolutely adore Centre Cockpits

I think our resident experts on Swan Craft, Howard and Jean have hired a couple of the one's on your list, I'm sure they will be along soon with their expert opinions

Whichever you choose they are top craft in my opinion and don't think you'll be disappointed with any one of them, good luck and let us know the one you go for

Grace

• Like 3

Pub all day yesterday so just seen this cheersbar

Hired all 3 from Swancraft 

2 Reflections one shaft, one hydraulic lovely little 31 footers 

Radiance newer than Rapture 2010 from memory both lovely boats 35 foot Alpha hulls, Radiance has berth in saloon hence L shaped settee 

All have (or had) superb hot water and battery systems. Not hired since Swancraft so can't comment on how they have fared now. Any specific questions please let me know. 

Jean has certainly hired one of the Reflections

• Like 2

We've hired both Reflections and would happily take them again. They are ideal starter boats being the smaller length so very easy to steer and to moor. I would like to try Swan Renown at some future point but it gets booked up well in advance. 

• Like 2

Hi, 

Swan Reflection is my favourite Swan boat, it's nice and easy to handle and two inches lower in the water than the Alpha 35s it needs 6ft 8ish at Potter Vs 6ft 10 which means if you are very lucky you may get under occasionally. Swans had two centre cockpits Renown Alpha 35 and Regal Alpha 44 plus three dual steers Rapier, Ranger Alpha 35 and Rapide a 42 Alpha Lowliner. All are still available at Richardson's, The newest boats are Radiance 2010, Reflection 1 2011, no2 2012, Renown 2012 and finally the last boat I hired from Swans Romance which was new in 2015. So far I haven't had the heart to hire from Richardson's as I would probably only consider hiring in the North early or late and wouldn't want to see the boats covered in scratches/dents. Don't get me wrong they are a good yard and one of the best value on the Broads however they won't have the time to look after them the same way, unfortunately only Summer craft, Silver line and possibly Bridgecraft appear to maintain the external appearance all season. Internally most yards including Ricko s are of good standard

Neil

• Like 3

Thanks to all those who posted. Reflection has had the best press in this thread which I can understand. However a decision has been made and deposit just paid - we went for Roamer. The trip is end May 2018 so over 12 months away but I've got 2 trips this year first. This'll be my first Platinum fleet boat and the first time I've had a bow thruster, exciting stuff. 

• Like 4