Best Of Both Worlds

as far back as i recall barnes have displayed blakes logo on their craft, this year they are also displaying hoseasons as well, as far as i can see from passing craft it seems to be the old moores fleet

oops no it isnt just seen one of their highliners with the hoseasons logo

Yes - I noticed this too sadly I think the days of any representation by Blakes are coming to an end. While their website still runs, it is basic compared to Hoseasons and offers the same locations and boats as one can book on Hoseasons.

Since the brand is part of Wyndham Vacation Rentals which also owns the Hoseasons brand I can see the 'powers that be' looking at the balance sheets and wondering do we need to have the old Blakes brand, and a website etc as well...

• Like 1

It's a good little tax loss for hoseasons to keep. You always have a little division of a company that makes a loss. And truth been known blakes is on paper. Saves paying the greedy tax man all the profits from hoseasons. So I expect your see the name around for abit longer yet, until they buy up another subsidiary and then find another loosing part of that. That's business folks.

I thought the change of logo was a little sad especially as Faircraft Loynes no longer display one, this just leaves Sanderson Marine using the Blakes logo. Letter heads from the  agency still show both companies equally.

On the subject of Blakes / Hoseasons , I was browsing through a 1967 Blakes brochure recently and on the booking form I had made a note. "Blakes Hoseasons merger has fallen through. A.D.Truman resigns from board of Blakes."  I had forgotten completely about this event and not even sure of the date. I may have just scribbled it on what was at hand. Can anyone throw any light on these events?

Fred

• Like 2

As Fred says, Barnes and NBD are fully Hoseasons logo this year as far as I've seen so far, so the Blakes logo is almost gone. Barnes and Faircraft Loynes were Hoseasons boatyards until switching to Blakes in the 1980s. Sandersons however have only ever been Blakes for how ever many decades they've existed so it would make sense to keep it that way. Hoseasons could even market them as a 'Classic Blakes Fleet' or some such. 

Not having been out on the water for a long while, I've been racking my brains as to why there were loads of hire boats with the PG Tips logo on the front? Only just realised it's supposed to be a Hoseasons logo. Yet another crap rebrand on the Broads! :smiley-angry047:Show me a rebrand and I'll point to the clueless idiot who thinks they're in charge of a company and the blind idiot that hasn't noticed the logo change for years!

Mind, it's Wyndham. A septic company that buy's leisure accommodation businesses to asset strip. Bring us your tired and dilapidated hotels and we will demolish them and sell the land for building. Bye bye, both Blakes and Hoseasons.

• Like 3