Hi All

Been lurking about for a couple of weeks and decided to join this great forum.

Trudie and myself Pete are both 58, we've been cruising the broads every year for at least 10 years, hiring a number of boats and we love it, so to does our Jack Russell Spike, he's 12 and loves sitting outside with all the different smells.

unfortunately this year we aren't getting a boat out as I've just had heart surgery at harefield hospital and they have said nadda to handling a boat, so I've rented a chalet at potter heigham along with a day boat for the week in July, they won't keep us away from our 2nd home lol.

so thanks for accepting us and I hope we meet a few of you on the water or in a pub in the future.

have fun everyone

Pete, Trudie and Spike X 

• Like 6

A day boat at Potter is a brilliant way to enjoy the Broads. Hickling Broad is awesome, as perhaps you know, and a trip to the Pleasure Boat an absolute must. The Mill at Horsey is a destination that I always enjoy, the toasted sandwiches in the National Trust kiosk are great! Sat in the sun, gnawing my sarnie, watching folk enjoying themselves is a very pleasant way of passing the time away. A walk to the beach is great! Enjoy your holiday. Above Potter Bridge is magic.

• Like 4

A big welcome to the forum.  Hope you have a good time and have good weather.  We've been on the Broads the first week of July for the past two years and have been lucky weather wise.  We're hoping to be on the water for a week from 26th June, depending on how my 90 year old Mum gets on. She's recently out of hospital but not doing so well, so we're not really sure if we'll be able to make it.  If we do we'll be on a sail boat this time, trying to get by those pesky chalets in PH that churn the wind up so much!  What dates in July are you down in Norfolk?

Helen

• Like 1

14 hours ago, JennyMorgan said:

A day boat at Potter is a brilliant way to enjoy the Broads. Hickling Broad is awesome, as perhaps you know, and a trip to the Pleasure Boat an absolute must. The Mill at Horsey is a destination that I always enjoy, the toasted sandwiches in the National Trust kiosk are great! Sat in the sun, gnawing my sarnie, watching folk enjoying themselves is a very pleasant way of passing the time away. A walk to the beach is great! Enjoy your holiday. Above Potter Bridge is magic.

Hi Jenny

thank you very much, we will certainly be taking up your advice.

you said a "short walk to the beach" can you give me dome more details please.

many thanks x

Thank you all very much for your kind words, it's great to be with such like minded people.

Helen

we are at potter week commencing 2nd -8th, enjoy your holiday and I hope we don't spoil the wind to much x

• Like 1