Nbn Meet Special Cooking On The Corsican Part 18

Hi there guys sorry it been a week but here it is the vlog I filmed at the meet it's nothing great but it's better than nothing , there are some funny bits and one mistake which I left in so I hope you all enjoy it anyway ... cheers ...

• Like 9

Great video Geoffrey, excellent to see everyone at the meet...especially Austin and the cakes! :naughty: The wind baffle on the Rode Mic's is known as a 'Dead Cat' on the large mic and a 'Dead Kitten' on the compact version. :shocked

Looking forward to lot's more videos from the Corsican.

• Like 5

Excellent vlog Geoffrey, and I very much like your conversational style.

By the way, the tow in to Salhouse was already paid in advance, by the lovely Aberdeen Angus burgers that you cooked for lunch for Andrew and I at last year's meet. One good turn deserves another! Luckily you weren't filming our barbecue on Saturday evening. Old Wussername and I can carry heavy weights but we can't cook to save our lives!

Perhaps also best that you were not filming our liquid lunch together whilst waiting for the tide at Stokesby on Monday!

All the best and look forward to seeing you again next time.

• Like 5

Really showed the feel of the meet and all those who had attended off well as a what we are here - a community of boat loving people. I've had a go at baking bread on a boat before and used a Silicon mould which was light weight to keep with me and worked very well, though I confess to using as pre-made bread mix and cheating.

just quickly skipped through the video at work (I only get 30 minutes of non work related internet time) looks good, I will watch properly later. my bread of course was topsy turvy bread, crusty on the bottom and soft on top (the temperature differential in that old oven - which I have found out is a Kubex oven from WW2) Maybe I could devise a heat shield to retain the heat and give me a better cooking temperature.

• Like 3

Having watched properly this evening, I have added a couple of comments to the vlog on youtube.

Great video, great coverage of the meet, and I am glad your foccactia turned out well and was tasty, like you said, its one of those recipes that you will never be able to repeat, though looking at the piece where you cut it it was showing some texture, so you  obviously had a little yeast action.

• Like 1