Burgh Castle BA Moorings

Regulo

19 hours ago, Dilligaf said:

I did indeed do a trip out with beau jangles, that was before I realised what a total prat the subsequent owner was, he got himself banned from the goba forum in the end due to his constant sh*t stirring, I'd already banned him from the ouseabout forum way before.

For an old RLM l took Leo all sorts of places from the wash, most places between york and maldon.

A bit harsh, Alan does possess a well developed sense of mischief it's true and loves to play devil's advocate. He did tell us about  The Wash trip and it's problems, so not surprised to  hear your jaundiced view of it. Poor old Beau deserved rather better care I think. We bought her in 1995 and spent the next  6 months taking her apart and  renewing everything cosmetic, she was in tip top order mechanically as she had been owned by a marine engineer. We kept her for 11 years and  I was only persuaded to  sell her by my husband because I'd been ill and was having  trouble managing the freeboard.

Carole

What great piccies so glad you didn't let them go, If I'd seen them at the time I'd have probably gone into melt down, That boat meant such a lot to me for so long She  was my refuge at a very difficult time, I just couldn't let go, My poor husband suffered long and hard for making me sell her. It took 2 years for me to be able to go aboard her and feel detached, stupid I know,  but there you go.

Carole

• 2 weeks later...

Funnily enough Carole you came up in conversation today, it was Alex and Susan from Cumulus (Nimbus) now in st.neots boat club, something about someone that used to moor in ely and now has a big sheerline on the broads, I thought that description rang a bell and realised it was you they were talking about.

Don't worry it was all bad..... (no it wasn't, I made that up)

• 10 months later...
3 hours ago, TeamElla said:

BA 24hr moorings above Burgh Castle Marina on the Waveney now marked as PERMANENTLY CLOSED (seen Sunday 22nd April 2018).

Steve

The full story is available in a post under Broads Chat dated April 4 with the last post (how appropriate!) April 17. It does look like we might get them back at some point in the future however.