Thieving Gits (not Broads Related)

Hi all just wanted to post a bit of a warning for any car owners on here from the Norwich area.

My brother woke up yesterday to find his catalytic converter had been cut off his car sometime overnight between 1-5am.

By the looks of things they'd pulled his wheelie bin next to his car to give themselves some cover whilst they cut it off. It was a clean cut both ends so looks like professional tools used rather than a hack saw. Unless they crawled under the car and spent alot of time under there which is unlikely.

The police haven't been informed as Bro says they won't be able to get the cat back so whats the point. I've tried talking him round but he's too p****d off to go through the hassle.

Branden

always worth contacting the police, if you dont report it they wont be able to add it to the statistics, some crimes only get investigated once a hot spot forms, eg if 5 reports of stolen Catalytic converters come in from the same street it forms a hotspot so gets investigated, if nobody reports it-  there is less chance similar crimes will get investigated, so always worth reporting - even if you think nothing is being done.

• Like 1

If you look at places like Machine mart, they have a rotating chain pipe cutter, that can cut an exhaust in seconds, very little noise too, if ever you have watched exhaust pipe fitters.

The theft must be reported, there may be DNA evidence that can link a thief to a crime and the scene, fingerprints on the wheelie bin, skin flakes from knuckles, hair follicles, mud from your drive on their overalls etc not reporting the crime is like aiding snd abetting, making it easier for the criminals to target their next victim. 

If he doesn't report it... guess what, give it a week and the thieves may be back for a nice shiny new catalyst. Give the Police a chance, they might patrol your area and get lucky.

when an oik kicked our front door in he suddenly was facing me, and I was up and chasing him, my wife phoned the police - we were the third house in the area, and they were already at number 2 - they arrived within 30 seconds, and he was caught shortly after. as his mum was the first house he kicked the door in and she had made the first call - she came round apologised and asked if we were prosecuting, when we hemmed and hawwed she went on - please prosecute, he is out of control and needs to be given a sharp lesson.

• Like 2

Not heard of 'cats' been cut out for a few years, last 6 months up here has been the peeling back of van doors from the top to get in. Seen a few vans glue carpet grip to the top inside of the doors.

Doesn't matter how you protect your gear just don't hurt them, they'll make a claim.

Kathy used to work for Willhire,one night their compound was turned over and 30-odd cars were de-catted! Plod reckoned battery angle grinders were used and there was no chance of a prosecution as they were a quarter of a mile from the local travellers site - so asking for it!

no chance of a prosecution as they were a quarter of a mile from the local travellers site - so asking for it!

NO - They were NOT asking for it, why would they?  That is just the sort of attitude that encourages 'Travellers' (I use that term very lightly) to engage in as much crime as they please as they always seem to get away with it, a law unto themselves, the number of run ins I and my mates have had with them only for the police not to show any interest always stating they are under resourced - They are not under resourced going after petty criminals if they are not travellers though are they?  twoguns

Griff

• Like 3

We are weathering quite an aggressive crime spree here in Lincolnshire. Since the lights have been turned out at night the streets are pitch black and theft from cars have shot through the roof. Here they are slicing the alarm cables of cars and vans through the jamb of the door. A neighbour has been done twice, his insurance company refusing to pay out as according to them there is 'no sign of forced entry' even though the alarm cables to the vehicle have been neatly severed.

I've bought additional padlocks and coach bolts for my shed doors and hinges and acquired one of the old fashioned 'watchman's torches' the heavy, really heavy if you swing them type. I also seem to have developed a pigeon problem, well, I would have a pigeon problem if it wasn't for the sharp spiked pigeon deterrents I've placed at all access angles to my garden.

• Like 9