Jonzo

Survey - Smartphone Users

Survey - Smartphone users   66 members have voted

1. 1. Which type of mobile device do you primarily use?

• iPhone
    • Android
    • Windows Phone
    • None of the above

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

50 posts in this topic

We're looking to find out a little bit more about our users, beyond what our statistics tell us...

Please can you complete the poll above?

when on the boat I use a state of the ark flip phone and an Android tablet in equal measure.

Carole

I mostly browse the forum on a laptop, but do have an android tablet, my blackberry phone gets used so rarely for anything other than phone calls

I currently use android but pray I can switch back to iphone soon

Done it, I wouldn't touch an iphone/pad with someone else's bargepole let alone mine, android I can live with.

My phone rarely gets used as a phone as I'm a miserable git and no-one likes me but for internet and weather forecasts it's invaluable on the boat.

Paul, Poppy, loribear and 1 other like this

Done. iPad for me, have an android just don't like it.

The trouble with Android devices is that some manufacturers like to 'improve' it with their own junk (Samsung and HTC I'm looking at you!!) which messes with the overall user experience.

It was necessary in the early days in order to get market share and manufacturers love it because it gives their products a differentiator - Unfortunately the vanilla Android devices are generally much better.

Maxwellian, loribear and NeilB like this

Dedicated Android User here, I need my devices to work and connect to my other devices. Laptop with Windows 7 used to browse forum at home and phone used while on the Broads.

loribear and Jonzo like this

My smart phone was so much smarter than me it gave me an inferiority complex. It had to go!.

Carole

loribear likes this

Have voted above. Most of my surfing is done on my iMac. Mobile use is mostly on my iPhone but increasingly also using an Asus tablet. 

Funny you should mention the Samsung with Android as I found it a complete pain as well!  It was a work one so it had an "accident" and was replaced by an IPhone 6 which is fine. 

My wife's Motorola with Android is very easy to use despite being a few years old now.  It will need replacing soon so I know to avoid HTC as well, thanks Jonzo !

I wanted a repeater for nmea info on the navigators seat but it was silly money for very basic info, I ended up getting an 8" android tablet for £60 that can connect to my garmin plotter via wifi and give the full plotter display to SWMBO and can control the plotter remotely as well.

Endoscope cameras work with android too very handy in boat bilges and very cheap.

I have to say I'd never want to use a Mac - and even an iPad I am not so sure about having owned one but Android never has felt so 'complete' and polished as iOS does.

So despite the fact Apple product might not be any better than the latest Samsung for example, the ease of use and seamless working between the Apps that come with the device is (for me) easier than on Android which I use on a Tablet and no end of times get frustrated with - even the keyboard does not seem to have quite the right look about it. The moment I tell this to a die hard Android user I ma told of many Apps that can sort this, but see I don't need an App for my iPhone to make the keyboard look and behave just how I like it to lol

All this said, I have been really impressed with my Mum's Honour branded Smartphone. It takes better photos than my iPhone, is super fast and the battery goes on and on yet it was a fraction of the price of even a high end Samsung let alone Iphone.

SwanR likes this

If you get a vanilla Android device, you don't need to alter it really... Just those which have been 'improved'.

The Google Nexus / Pixel, Motorola and OnePlus devices (to name but a few) are great to use out of the box and the key apps are available cross-platform. How did we manage before Google Drive?!

I'm an unusual Android user as I've had a couple of iPhones and an iPad and use Macs at work a lot.

Sent from the Norfolk Broads Network mobile app

I use android as its the only one that works on paypal here ........................ have to take card payments while out n about

Charlie

Jonzo likes this

iphone - (5S I think) I don't use a fraction of what the phone is capable of though

Griff

I have got used to using a Mac at home but have to still use a Windows laptop at work - it's 4 1/2 years old, on Windows 7 and struggling to deliver on what I need to do my job. In fact we now have technology in the office that it's not compatible with so I'm hoping for a replacement this year sometime.

Love my iPhone because I know how to use it having got used to my Mac. But there was no way we were going to pay Apple prices for an iPad so we went for an Asus tablet, mostly to use at the caravan. But I am not finding it anywhere near as intuitive as everything else that I have.

Just now, Jonzo said:

Worry not as the NBN app is coming to iOS too..

There's an app?

loribear likes this