2 minutes ago, Baitrunner said:

Normal day there.  The crossing gates were shut!!!

everytime I go down there they are shut. 

There are over 80 trains a day that pass through or stop at the station, the odds of the crossing being open is slim, but it does happen. 

Last year it was rumored that crossing would be an automatic rather than manned, lets hope this will never be the case, it is just an accident waiting to happen. Boat transporters have been know to bottom out just outside of Brian Ward's.

Tan and I debate the odds of having to stop at the crossing every time we turn into Station Road.

Regards

Alan

• Like 1

I there could some one please tell me what has happened to the burney arms 

We all loved that pub  I have seem bits on the net I belive she was up for sale after some low life set it on fire

Thank you kevyn H

Edited by Kevyn
Spelling

3 hours ago, Kevyn said:

I there could some one please tell me what has happened to the burney arms 

We all loved that pub  I have seem bits on the net I belive she was up for sale after some low life set it on fire

Thank you kevyn H

hi Kevyn.

try this link

http://forum.norfolkbroadsnetwork.com/topic/12562-any-news-on-berney-arms/

just for information, at the top right of the pages there is a search box, I find it useful sometimes

cheersbar

• Like 1

• 2 years later...
18 minutes ago, NorfolkNog said:

Been hearing some whispering from the rhond that the Yare will be closing at the end of the year as Brooms own the site and want it for development.

Do we know what form of development? I thought they packed up building new boats.

Shame if the pub goes, nice place to eat. If they leveled the step down into the lounge which catches me out every time, it would be perfect!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Chelsea14Ian said:

Michael and Paul have owned the pub for forty years.Very much doubt Brooms own the land.If so think it would cost them to buy them out. 

Watneys sold the pub in 1970 but I suppose the key is, who bought it. They may possibly have just leased it. I think Brooms sold out recently, maybe things had ticked along nicely for 40 years but now all change. Be interesting to see what happens but the loss of a pub in that location would be sad indeed. What will JF do???

Does it say who the owner is though?

Just had a quick look and it looks as if you have to pay to get the full information. Brooms could quite possibly own the freehold and have leased it for 40 years. As I say its just conjecture at the moment. Hopefully more will be forthcoming. It will have to if someone applies for planning approval.

The railway through Brundall is currently being re-signalled with control moved to Colchester and remotely controlled barriers will be installed when the new disabled friendly pedestrian access is finished on the river side details here https://planning.broads-authority.gov.uk/PublicAccessDocs/planningDocs.aspx?doc=/sites/planning/2019/Documents/Development Control/BA20190023FUL/planning statement incorporating design and access statement(1).pdf

I suspect getting planning permission from the Broads Authority for the Yare Pub area is likely to be difficult due to the flood risk

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I think long term, the potential for a very smart development of luxury appartments with a marina will not go unnoticed. With rail access into the expanding city and easy access to the A47 they would be snapped up. 

• Like 2

We do like the pub,good starting point for holidays over the years.In the past when we hired,now as owners.If I'm honest I am not a great lover of the food,think the menu has been the same for as long as I remember. That said I hope the pub remains 

I never like seeing a pub turn into flats.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, grendel said:

£3 for the register and £3 for the plan is the usual fee.

Being a tight Yorkshireman that equates to a couple of pints but it's the only way to find for sure who owns it. 

Ian, you are right about the menu but a sad loss I agree. 

The White Horse went many moons ago, to leave Brundall with one pub would be very sad. 

It does indeed flood which would be a major factor for any planning application. 

• Like 1

Whether it’s true or not, I wouldn’t like to guarantee, but I have heard that Broom is now owned by property developers.  Furthermore, I was told by one of their staff when we refuelled Moonlight Shadow at the end of our last break, that their boat building program finished at the beginning of April.

There is a lot of land that is currently not earning money and if property developers do own the land, they will surely only be looking for one outcome.  Again, without knowing who owns the land that the pub is built on, there must be  a substantial value to it and should a large enough bundle of cash be waved to purchase the pub (should it be necessary), who knows what the outcome would be.

All of this would be down to planning permission, obviously, but would the BA want such a large site empty and derelict, should the current owners pull out?  

• Like 1