CambridgeCabby

Stand/plinth For Mudweight

16 posts in this topic

Seeking stand or plinth for an 18gk mudweight , does any one either have one for sale or know who stocks them please ?

Boulters sell them pretty expensive though.We have made some from pieces of oak.Matches the other wood on the boat.You wll need a router .

CambridgeCabby likes this

4 minutes ago, oceandawn said:

Boulters sell them pretty expensive though.We have made some from pieces of oak.Matches the other wood on the boat.You wll need a router .

Thank you , couldn't find them on their online site but guess they don't list all their offerings 

Thank you for your replies , both offerings although obviously purpose made aren't really what we were picturing , on a previous hire boat (cannot remember which boat sadly) there was a steel? disc with raised lip which the weight sat on(in) , looks like I will have to find a fabricator for one 

I'm currently drawing up plans to incorporate one into the bow peak I'm making for Royal Tudor. I've got a collection of hardwood offcuts so I'm hoping to laminate a design and cut out on the bandsaw before applying my bowl cutter bit on the router. If I run into trouble I will be calling on a friendly local woodturner!

Are listening Wildfuzz? :naughty:

1 hour ago, CambridgeCabby said:

Thank you for your replies , both offerings although obviously purpose made aren't really what we were picturing , on a previous hire boat (cannot remember which boat sadly) there was a steel? disc with raised lip which the weight sat on(in) , looks like I will have to find a fabricator for one 

There you go and a local lad as well.....

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Mud-weight-plinth-holder-Boat-project-/302344449994?hash=item4665222fca:g:RVEAAOSwLnlWn~mF

MBA Marine likes this

1 hour ago, CambridgeCabby said:

There you go and a local lad as well.....

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Mud-weight-plinth-holder-Boat-project-/302344449994?hash=item4665222fca:g:RVEAAOSwLnlWn~mF

Forgot the piccy

mudweight plinth.jpg

MBA Marine likes this

perhaps a suitably sized stainless steel dog bowl would do the trick.

Just now, grendel said:

perhaps a suitably sized stainless steel dog bowl would do the trick.

Mmmm have plenty of those will have to check as to sizing , although sides are a bit high 

Thanks people for adding the ebay link to my ad, GRP mud weight plinth always available, I try to keep one in white one ready on the shelf.

Sorry cant help with a stainless one.

CambridgeCabby and brandenjg like this