A Quick Weekend Visit

Popped up Friday evening for a couple of nights, arrived at Wroxham (Well Hove actually) at 21:00 by the time we had loaded Cerise Lady it was already 21:30 so Wroxham Hotel, and Kings Arms had already finished serving food so Kens fish and chips were eaten on the staithe before a swift couple of Ghostships and an early night .

waking to rain on Saturday and up by 07:00 general cleaning , mug of coffee and it was time to wander into town to collect our spare keys from NBS (had problem with Pilot alarm that needed sorting under warranty), guilty pleasure of a couple of bacon and egg McMuffins then a journey by road to collect new fenders from Boulters (old knackered ones now used at home mooring for added protection)

skys now clearing and warm sunshine cheering our day , we decided on a slow cruise via a poodle round Salhouse and Malthouse broads to our intended overnight at Womack Water , rivers fairly quiet except the usual crowding at Ranworth Staithe , and Thurne dyke indicating Rick doing well at his new venture we arrived at a surprisingly quiet Womack staithe  , there were only six boats moored, we actually passed more boats moored on the dyke.

safely moored , Kate having to stretch her far too short legs to reach the step used to enable stern mooring until we decide whether or not to remove the bathing platform , we were settled in by 12:45 and intending to watch the world go by and relax . Met Buffalo Bill and his good lady and watched the usual comings and goings at Womack far too many (mainly HW boats) arriving at full pelt before deciding to move on (as they can't physically see a pub I assume) before the heading gradually filled up by 17:00 . Spotted the beautiful Nipper arriving looking magnificent , what a stunning lady !!

our evening was spent in the Kings Arms , always one of our favourites, where Kate and I had an excellent 8oz rump @£12.95 My only winge being why do pubs insist on serving food on a wooden board ? What is wrong with a nice clean round plate!!!! ?

there was a birthday in the pub which meant that they had live music , big plus for us and if you see the band Black Dragon advertised they are very good they cover rock from the 60's to the modern day. 00:00 we wandered back to Cerise Lady and were soon in deep (in my case Ghost Ship assisted) sleep.

Again up and awake by 0600 , why can I get up with ease on a boat but yet at home have to be dragged from my pit?, we sat and marvelled at our vista read the papers we had on board and supped our early morning hot drinks.

after a visit to Throwers we departed at 08:30 ,target Ranworth for lunch then Hoveton our home mooring before the short (90 mins) drive home .

arriving at Ranworth at 11:00 there were 4 or 5 spaces and we chose one on the side dyke and safely moored , Kate again stretching those little legs of hers.

relaxing on the green I noticed the sailing yacht that had been occupying the stern/side mooring at the end moving off so quickly hopped aboard , untied and poodled in to the space so as to allow side on access, all the while Kate was wondering why I was leaving  whilst she was still ashore.

A stroll to the floating nature centre and was soon time for lunch , just a half of Humpty Dumpty as would be driving later.

departing a full Ranworth at 15:30 we made our way home , river a bit busier with day boats buzzing around like wasps and just as annoying , undertaking at max throttle then changing direction and steaming full ahead on the wrong side of the river .

Swan corner in Horning ,the usual Sunday suicidal Topper sailies seeing how close they can get before either your or their nerve gives, an uneventful cruise back to Brimbelow road , cleaned and put Cerise Lady to bed till next weekends visit .

all in all a fantastic weekend , wonderful weather and people , sadly no pics this time I left my phone in the car , sorry.

• Like 11

• 2 weeks later...