Ludham Open Gardens

woodwose

Great pictures Nigel. 

Ludham village and Womack is one of the most delightfull places to visit on the Broads. The church, Womack Staithe with its shop, a delight for holiday folk.  A fishing tackle shop, a tea shop, scones to die for, the pub, a mini super market. 

Seago lived there. The late Queen Mother was a frequent visitor. Owen Waters, a painter was a student of Seago and his magnificent work is still available in certain galleries in Norwich. He died not so very long ago. His talent is sadly missed.

However, Nigel, I must take you to task. 

You very rarely post on this forum.

And now you inform us after the event. Or did I miss it.

With kind regards Nigel

Andrew

I am glad to hear that you all liked the pictures.

Regarding the Dutch House (formerly known as The Walnuts), photographs 328 to 336 are taken in the garden. Well, OK, one of them is of a Tiger Moth flying overhead but that was taken from the garden. There is some history of the house on this page http://www.ludhamarchive.org.uk/hayhurst.htm

I was a volunteer helping load people onto the ferries which ran between the various gardens but I was not involved in the publicity of the event. It was very widely publicised and I had it on the Ludham Archive website. The event takes place every two years so I guess the next one will be in June 2019. If I hear a definite date, I will let you know. There will be a post event meeting but this has not happened yet.

As for posting on forums, I have been a member of this forum since the very early days but I only post stuff if I think it is interesting or helpful.

Best wishes

Nigel (sunny Ludham)

• Like 4