Norwich Yacht Station

Hylander

Just got  to put in a good word about NYS.  Yesterday and last night it was full of boats.  Good to see.   The Harbour Master there deserves a pat on the back.   He not only was attending to umpteen pumpouts but was always at hand to help people moor safely.  He is there until 7.  No problems with the natives.  A really happy time spent at Norwich.

• Like 5

Hope I'm not tempting fate but we have never had any issues at NYS and the harbour master has always been friendly and helpful.

I've always enjoyed visiting.

Sent from the Norfolk Broads Network mobile app

If I were visiting Norwich, & I often do, I would moor at Oulton Broad, for example, & travel there by train. The train journey will allow you to see both the Yare & the Waveney from a different perspective and is full of interest. Alternatively I would consider Cantley, excellent moorings and only a short walk to the station. Norwich itself is well worth a visit for shopaholics but personally I'd head, once again, for Elm Hill, the Cathedral area, the Castle Museum as well as the Market place for an on the hoof meal.

• Like 1

Zak's burger place at the end of the moorings are well worth a visit and they do takeaway if you want to eat on the boat. Never had a problem at the yacht station I think it gets a bit of bad press just follow the Rangers advice and you will be fine.  If you have a dinghy then a trip under Bishops bridge is another must do to see Norwich from a different angle.

Doug.

• Like 4

Although I almost always hire on the Southern side I think the North is so much more superior :10_wink: and even though it is extremely busy during the holiday which is when we have to take our trips I much prefer the North. I would advise everyone to stay North and make me feel lonely all on my own. Love Norwich and NYS but avoid weekends or get the train.

• Like 2