Wooden Hireboats

Hi guys, I was looking at boats to hire next year possibly, and I saw a few old wooden boats for hire, and I was thinking where are the best places to hire them from, preferably on the northern broads, (if possible) I have looked at Water Rail, but is a bit small if all the family comes along.

Any recommendations?

Sent from the Norfolk Broads Network mobile app

• Like 2

Of course you could go rag and stick and go for a traditional wooden yacht, no engine etc but plenty with engines too, some with showers. 

I love the traditional wooden cruisers, most have mod cons, showers, fridges, central heating, conventional gas cooking, tv's etc some may miss out on on board wifi or microwave ovens but why not rough it a bit lol.

Let's keep these boats on the river, where they belong, some have been there nearly a hundred years already.

Richard

• Like 1

All we'd need is a 12v lighter socket, and I didn't know Richardsons had woodies, I'll look into them.

Unfortunately due to ages of party members yachts are out of the questions, even so i don't trust my yachting skill on woodies yet.

Sent from the Norfolk Broads Network mobile app

Maffets on the south spitfire etc small 2 and 3 berth ones and Martham on the north. Silver jubilee ( huge very forgiving) Juliette ( 39 ft lovely layout) Judith and Janet's are good too but much smaller but still enough for 4 or 5 . 

They are very maneuverable and Warmer when the weather isn't so good than Tupperware boats are. They chug along rather than glide silently but that's what I like .  Liz's gorgeous water rail is lovely but you have to be very friendly if you know what I mean . Not sure I could put up with the anxiety of putting Mal up for renting. She would love it as she loves being out and used. And definitely doesn't like spending so much time in the shed. 

Martin and Fiona 

• Like 1