Cruising Music

Wyndham

Mrs W and I have some varied and different music tastes, but when plodding along on the rivers some songs ( for us ) just fit.

This is actually inspired from one of Robins videos when he had a section with Christine and the Queens..... Tilted.... great cruising music.

A couple of many songs we just love one the rivers,...what's yours?

.....I hope this works,

• Like 1

Er just about anything really my collection onboard covers from Frank Sinatra , Barbra Streisand etc to Rock , all the way back to Eva cassidy and the Everly  Brothers and all points in between except Rap etc :default_beerchug:

8 minutes ago, Wyndham said:

A nice piece...... for cruising down the Ant on a sunny afternoon?? not so sure.

Reminded me of the "Big Man" Clarence and Roy Bittan

Just not as good (IMO)

Oh now were talking , ie Bruce n the E St band :default_biggrin:

9 minutes ago, Ricardo said:

except cRap etc :default_beerchug:

edited for you...

You know what, reading your post, Carole King,, she'd work on the rivers.

Bruce is just on a different level, Mrs W don't agree, but she does like one a lot... I'll try and find it.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Wyndham said:

edited for you...

You know what, reading your post, Carole King,, she'd work on the rivers.

Bruce is just on a different level, Mrs W don't agree, but she does like one a lot... I'll try and find it.

Thanks you I hadn't realised I spelt it like that , same thing though , n yep Carol king works very well . 

45 minutes ago, TheQ said:

My  cruising music, ?

On a nice quiet morning, the birds, the wind in the reeds, and general wildlife.

The joys of electric propulsion...

Or the joys of wind or even oar power.

Cruising music, especially when the volume has been racked up to drown out the engine, arghhhhhhhhhh!

• Like 1

The sound of the Broads for me, failing that, Gary Barlow/Take that will do :default_icon_luvlove: (or the flappy thingies :default_norty:), seriously, you can't beat hearing the sound of a flappy's sheets gently billowing in the wind, as long as I'm moored up of course and not trying to pass the ruddy things zig zagging all over the place

Grace

• Like 2

Cruising music? Cruising? Music? Garlick? Bread? The only sound I listen to when cruising on the boat are the dulcet tones of a BMC 1.5 Diesel. Should I have 'second hand' music 'inflicted' on me when I'm moored up, or heaven forbid, soap opera blurting from a TV then it's on with the headphones and a medley of

Beausoleil, Belton Richard and the Musical Aces, John Lee Hooker, Balfour Brothers, Taj Mahal, Blackbeard's Tea Party, Lee Benoit, Nathan Abshire and the Pine Grove Boys, Mississippi Fred McDowell...real swamp music to stamp your feet to!

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

Agreed, that's another problem with Dire Straits, they need volume up high. Nothing can be heard from my boat (bar snoring). I sometimes drive my car down our local high street with my windows open while the CD is playing Vivaldi full blast. It confuses the kids! :)  

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, MauriceMynah said:

I love dire straits, but I wouldn't have thought it "river cruising music", no, I'd go more on some classical guitar music or perhaps any other of the more gentle classics. Schubert's Trout maybe. :)  

We like to listen to the classics when  sitting in the cockpit on a warm Summer evening, but when cruising prefer something livelier, another favourite being Donna Summer! 

Carole

47 minutes ago, grendel said:

ride of the valkyries or heavy rock in the car, status quo to lull me to sleep.

Status quo could lull anyone to sleep :default_biggrin: , thing is though its horses for courses , some don't like music onboard others do , some like this category of music and other don't , that's one good thing about humans we are all individuals and as long as we don't go around blasting out our favourites and annoying others then everything is just fine I recon :default_coat:

4 minutes ago, Ricardo said:

and as long as we don't go around blasting out our favourites and annoying others then everything is just fine I recon

That's the crux of the matter, and it's why I don't have a radio (or speakers to one) in the cockpit.

Lets face it, if you can hear the burble of a Beta diesel and smell "fish & chips" you know it's me anyway without your being deafened with Dvorak