A Laugh And A Tear.

ChrisB

I have been hedging, friends know I am always hedging, I have lots of hedge, I have enough hedge for six households not just me.

I filled my two brown bins and went to get a spade to compact it in the bin.

I then remembered Judith. We would get the kitchen steps, I would steady her and hold the bin and she would get in in her wellies and jump up and down to that beautiful Milligan refrain.

" When your feeling low down and can't find r-o-m-m-a-n-c-e, jump into a dusbin and dance"

I am on my phone so can't do a link but get Spike Milligan's dustbin dance on YouTube you will love it.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

Can you come and do my hedge? there's about 450 Yards of it..

Oh and the previous owners let a lot of it grow out into trees, so bring a chainsaw...

and another show I liked, I'll give you a clue...

"left hand down a bit..."

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

all I remember was that when listening to the goon shows, we had to be dead quiet, as my dad would have the portable tape recorder in front of the radio with a microphone, we werent even allowed to move across the room in case a floorboard creaked.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, TheQ said:

Can you come and do my hedge? there's about 450 Yards of it..

Oh and the previous owners let a lot of it grow out into trees, so bring a chainsaw...

and another show I liked, I'll give you a clue...

"left hand down a bit..."

That is exactly as my hedges were when we move in 10 years ago. You have about the same quantity as me. At least I can get a tractor to flail the outsides though.