Sign in to follow this  
C.Ricko

Richardsons Bargains 2017 End Of Season Boats

Some right bargains here, I have not updated our boat sales page so you heard it here first, 

we have had a fair bit of interest in a couple but nothing sold so far. 

£

Dawn Horizon 1

Dawn Horizon 2

Executive

Golden Horizon 1

Southern Horizon 1

Southern Horizon 2

Broadland Lass 2

Hawaii

San Moritz 1

San Moritz 2

They do indeed look like bargains. If I lived closer to the heaven which is the broads I would be hugely tempted .  There's a lot of boat there for around the 20 grand mark, I'm sure also they have been well looked after and serviced. The added bonus being they could probably find their own way around the broads!!!

I hope your looking after mystic horizon for my week late September :default_biggrin:, can't wait, it's getting closer . 

I'd want Broads Venture, not to buy it, but just to give him a leg up on getting her finished!  It's a crying shame we are not seeing her out and about on the rivers, especially with his resources.  She should be at Beccles this year as a piece of Broads history showing off

Griff

Some real Bargains there,  I figure a few people are going to end up with some real value for their money. In fact I think it is some of the most sensible boat prices I have seen when compared to other yards disposal stock prices.

10 hours ago, webntweb said:

They look pretty good value.

Not sure about Hawaii though. £27,000 for a grp boat probably approaching 50 years old.

Roy

but with a full refit about 15years ago and nanni engine not completely original

11 hours ago, BroadAmbition said:

I'd want Broads Venture, not to buy it, but just to give him a leg up on getting her finished!  It's a crying shame we are not seeing her out and about on the rivers, especially with his resources.  She should be at Beccles this year as a piece of Broads history showing off

Griff

slowly getting there, but at Horning we look after everyone else first.. 

We are going to finish Jomaric so I can use her over the winter and will be ready for next season then attack Broadsventure for me to use next summer. 

That's the same with any boat, though. What these do give you is a lot of boat (ie space and comfort) for your money.

Also, some people will buy them between a group of friends and share the costs - A 'private syndicate' if you will.

While some of these boats won;t be to all tastes, you really cannot argue with the prices. These types of boats make ideal 'live-aboard' cruisers and many an ex-hire boat from Richardson;s will find themselves far from home on other waterways providing people with their home on the water. 

Saturn is especially keenly priced not that I am looking for another river boat, but as many will be doing, looking and wondering 'what if'.

5 minutes ago, Jonzo said:

It'd have to be the AF42's for me! A bit of paintwork needed, but loads of space.

I've never warmed to their designs John, I think it is the rear end windows being rather 'sharp edged' but they have pretty much everything going for them. Nice rear well, plenty of space, centre wheelhouse and sliding canopy - able to pass under bridges with ease.  Though smaller in size, The Corsican is a great example of what can be done internally by making the front of the boat one large cabin with ensuite.

But you know, I don;t really care if new boats are coming on stream, it always a shame to see boats you 'grew up with' and see countless times over the years suddenly no longer in a fleet and if you see them renamed and with 'privately equipped' (Red Ensign) you always say "oh that used you be..."

11 minutes ago, LondonRascal said:

I've never warmed to their designs

Wash your mouth out!! :default_norty::default_norty:

11 minutes ago, LondonRascal said:

it always a shame to see boats you 'grew up with' and see countless times over the years suddenly no longer in a fleet and if you see them renamed and with 'privately equipped' (Red Ensign) you always say "oh that used you be..."

Yeah, that's kind of it for me really. The first boats I can remember going on holiday on were Beaver Sundancer and Fair Diplomat in 1983 and 1984 - Both AF42's.

CCF27022017_0008.thumb.jpg.659f4fc941dd3

Ah, boats you grew up with. That was partly my point about Hawaii - although my parents never hired one Caribbeans and Bermudas were two a penny. I hope the DC30s stay in the fleet a while longer, they being from the same era.