Two Greats Bowed Out Tonight.

Two greats of sport bowed out tonight.Sir Mo Farah and Usain Bolt.It did not end the way they and us wanted.However they both entertained us.What great sportsman they Are I wish them the very best for the future.Sometimes a sports man or woman  comes along from another country and is taken in like one of our own.Mr Bolt is one such man.He and Mo truely greats sportsman.I hoped see them,but could not get tickets.Perhaps now they have some  spare time they can do strictly,

• Like 5

Two great athletes, that's for sure.

The relay was a funny one......threw the BBC for a bit, it was as if they had a pre written script. They weren't expecting that result and had to quickly throw it away.

Maybe now Usain will ditch Virgin and do something similar to Gareth Southgate, perhaps a deal with the AA advertising breakdown insurance.:default_dry:

• Like 1

I enjoyed watching the athletics this week. But the media did their usual job of trying to make the story what they wanted it to be with all their attention on Usain Bolt and Mo Farah who in the end couldn't deliver what the media wanted them to. The rest of us were just happy to see them out there competing and giving it absolutely everything they had in pursuit of their sport.

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, Chelsea14Ian said:

Come dancing 

Is that still on? Truth be told I used to watch that in the 80's so I could learn the dances and the tunes...I used to earn my pocket money playing the organ for dances. I did play Blackpool Tower Ballroom one year, for some regional quarter final or other.

• Like 2

Come Dancing in its original format is long gone as far as I know. But the BBC seem determined to keep Strictly Come Dancing going with "celebrities" for as long as possible. The format is getting rather tired though, and it's anyone's guess as to how many of the "celebrities" one will actually ever have heard of at the start of the series. Although they may be household names by the time it finishes.

I do love the music and the dancing and the beautiful dresses ... but I'm not sure I can be bothered with it this year.

And yes, I really hope that we never see Mo or Usain strutting their stuff on the Strictly dance floor!!

• Like 1

Strictly  starts the end of the month,and I love it.Each year I apply for tickets already  have a knock back for the pre show which is the only one that is pre recorded.Back to Mo and Bolt.Mo is going to do road running,I am sure Usain will do other things.Well done to the 4 by 100  team on winning Gold.

• Like 1

Still more medals to be won today. I think that's my evening's viewing sorted out then.

Morning session:

07:45 - Men's and women's 50km race walks (Dom King) 

12:20 - Women's 20km race walk (Gemma Bridge, Bethan Davies)

14:20 - Men's 20km race walk (Tom Bosworth, Callum Wilkinson)

Evening session:

19:00 - Men's high jump final (Robbie Grabarz)

19:10 - Women's discus final

19:35 - Women's 5,000m final (Laura Muir & Eilish McColgan)

20:10 - Women's 800m final (Lynsey Sharp)

20:30 - Men's 1500m final (Chris O'Hare)

20:55 - Women's 4x400m relay final (GB in lane five)

21:15 - Men's 4x400m relay final (GB in lane three)